ADVERTISEMENT

On a scale of 1-10, how excited are u for upcoming season?

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
Not since after the Rose Bowl season, have I felt this good about the Cats prospects in BT and nationally. We beat solid Stanford, Wisconsin, and Nebraska teams last year. Our cohesive staff and returning starters bodes well for a solid season. Plus OSU will be a dud this year. Only Iowa really scares me. I'm a 9.5 out of ten. What are you rated this year?

Not since after the Rose Bowl season, have I felt this good about the Cats prospects in BT and nationally. We beat solid Stanford, Wisconsin, and Nebraska teams last year. Our cohesive staff and returning starters bodes well for a solid season. Plus OSU will be a dud this year. Only Iowa really scares me. I'm a 9.5 out of ten. What are you rated this year?

10. Cats run the table.

I don't mind your enthusiasm Wrastler and every so often I think, Why not?
Nu did very well last year.
We have a very good defense. Lost a couple of excellent players to graduation but some good ones are stepping in and every guy will be improved over last year. It is possible that the D will be better this year and probable that it will be at least close to as good.

We had an excellent running game last year and to my knowledge none of those guys got slower and weaker in the off season. The run game will improve at least a little.

We had a mediocre passing game last year. It is almost inconceivable that the passing game will not improve by at least 25% (not sure how I'm measuring that, lets just say if we are the 80th best statistically, that will be a significant improvement but what we should find as minimally acceptable).

If the passing game is even marginal it will take pressure off the D and the run making them both better.

The schedule is a bear but I really think tOSU could struggle. I know they are great and hats off to them but last year I feel tOSU coasted on their excellent talent and bad habits are hard to break. They lost a ton of talent and senior leadership. MSU also lost some great players. Those are the toughest games, maybe we have a shot at them.

Realistically, I will not be too disappointed with 7&5 and a bowl win.

I don't mind your enthusiasm Wrastler and every so often I think, Why not?
Nu did very well last year.
We have a very good defense. Lost a couple of excellent players to graduation but some good ones are stepping in and every guy will be improved over last year. It is possible that the D will be better this year and probable that it will be at least close to as good.

We had an excellent running game last year and to my knowledge none of those guys got slower and weaker in the off season. The run game will improve at least a little.

We had a mediocre passing game last year. It is almost inconceivable that the passing game will not improve by at least 25% (not sure how I'm measuring that, lets just say if we are the 80th best statistically, that will be a significant improvement but what we should find as minimally acceptable).

If the passing game is even marginal it will take pressure off the D and the run making them both better.

The schedule is a bear but I really think tOSU could struggle. I know they are great and hats off to them but last year I feel tOSU coasted on their excellent talent and bad habits are hard to break. They lost a ton of talent and senior leadership. MSU also lost some great players. Those are the toughest games, maybe we have a shot at them.

Realistically, I will not be too disappointed with 7&5 and a bowl win.
I hope u r correct regarding the defense Derringfish! Seems like we turned a corner on defense last year! We just can't get run over by Iowa like we did last year! Need some run stuffers on defense. How's Kuhar? He's a load!

I hope u r correct regarding the defense Derringfish! Seems like we turned a corner on defense last year! We just can't get run over by Iowa like we did last year! Need some run stuffers on defense. How's Kuhar? He's a load!

The biggest question mark on the defense is how NU will replace Lowry and Gibson. They were great for NU last year. Could see a significant step back if IO and company don't step up.

The biggest question mark on the defense is how NU will replace Lowry and Gibson. They were great for NU last year. Could see a significant step back if IO and company don't step up.
I think the replacements could be good but different using more speed and less power. The inside maybe very stout though.

I think the replacements could be good but different using more speed and less power. The inside maybe very stout though.

Teams will exploit a weakness on the edge if we can't effectively hold it.

C'mon Cats!
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT