ADVERTISEMENT

On Wisconin--Stoked!

catfans5

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2011
Going to the game. I have been there twice. One win and one blow out loss. I am hoping the Cats come out ready. I have had some disagreement with coaching decisions, but our defense keeps us in every game. I think if the Cats stuff the run and make Stave pass, we can win. I may be crazy on this, but I feel good about this one! We are 8 effing and 2. Time for a win in Badgerland. Go Cats!

Last edited:
Going to the game. I have been there twice. One win and one blow out loss. I am hoping the Cats come out ready. I have had some disagreement with coaching decisions, but our defense keeps us in every game. I think if the Cats stuff the run and make Stave pass, we can win. I may be crazy on this, but I feel good about this one! We are 8 effing and 2. Time for a win in Badgerland. Go Cats!

I like the enthusiasm ! I think the Cats can definitely get the W in Madison, just wish it was not going to be so cold. But I will sit through the cold for the W any day of the week.

Go Cats !

ParisCat and Section 108's famous #20 will be there. It's going to be freaking cold, but Camp Randall is a great place to see a game, and Madison is the quintessential college town. I don't Expect Victory(TM), but I think we've got a shot.

I'm heading up for the day trip, as well, and the 'Cats better make it worth 7 hours of driving in a day. :)
You're making me feel guilty, Fitz, that my trek is only three hours or so. Worth every mile, though, to bring back a win from there. Not sure I'm quite as optimistic as some of us seem to be . . . but here's to my being dead wrong! :cool:

ParisCat and Section 108's famous #20 will be there. It's going to be freaking cold, but Camp Randall is a great place to see a game, and Madison is the quintessential college town. I don't Expect Victory(TM), but I think we've got a shot.
Hey, Paris, What am I, chopped liver?

We can win! Stave is decent,not great! Time to party

Stave is better than you think.
Quick, name all of his NFL caliber receivers and TE's.
Yup, there are none, nobody has elite athleticism or a big catch radius, nobody creates big separation, there's been little running game and we start 3 Freshman on the OL AND Stave is 8-2, with losses to # 3 and # 6 (would have won the Iowa game if a Frosh OG didn't step on his foot causing a fumble near the goal line late in a 10-6 game) and many Alabama fans and coaches have said Stave was the best QB they faced this season so far.
All that being said, Badgers aren't great without Corey Clement at TB and we won't have him.
We play Northwestern better on TURF at home but the reason we have trouble with you often is, your players are just as smart as ours, so we lose that edge.
Thorson is the real key, our defense has squashed many teams and QB's, if we control Thorson we should win but 10.5 points is ridiculous.

Yup, there are none, nobody has elite athleticism or a big catch radius, nobody creates big separation, there's been little running game and we start 3 Freshman on the OL AND Stave is 8-2, with losses to # 3 and # 6 (would have won the Iowa game if a Frosh OG didn't step on his foot causing a fumble near the goal line late in a 10-6 game) and many Alabama fans and coaches have said Stave was the best QB they faced this season so far.
All that being said, Badgers aren't great without Corey Clement at TB and we won't have him.
We play Northwestern better on TURF at home but the reason we have trouble with you often is, your players are just as smart as ours, so we lose that edge.
Thorson is the real key, our defense has squashed many teams and QB's, if we control Thorson we should win but 10.5 points is ridiculous.
Agreed on Stave. I think he gets a bad rap because of his benching for McElvoy and his poor performance against NU after Andersen realized he was being an idiot and Stave should've been playing all along. Stave is a 5th year QB and has a really good winning % over the years. Yes, he relied on the running game a lot during this time, but he's a solid QB.

I like NU's chances because I believe that we have a solid defense up front and the Wisconsin's Oline isn't what it was 2-4 years ago and our DBs can cover your WRs/TEs. Additionally without Clement, the RB situation takes a hit. I'm not sure what to think about the Wisconsin defense. The schedule has been pretty easy besides Alabama and Iowa. The Iowa game was marked with poor weather. That helped keep the score low. As such, I doubt Wisconsin has the #1 defense in the nation as the stats indicated; however, I do think they're pretty good.

This game is going to come down to 3 things:
1. Does Wisconsin jump out to an early lead. NU doesn't appear to be built for coming back from a 2 score deficit.

2. Turnovers. I think Wisconsin's offense is less turnover prone; however, I think NUs defense better at getting turnovers (15 each, but NU has had the harder schedule).

3. Can Wisconsin contain NU's return men. Solomon Vault has 2 kick returns for a TD. We lose to Penn State without that and could have easily lost to Duke as well. Miles Shuler had a big punt return at the end of the 1st half of Wisconsin to take the ball to the 5 in a 3-0 game. We got the TD the next play. If we can't move the ball with our offense, getting a cheap score on special teams could make a lot of difference.

Have you beaten anyone with a winning record? Yes the losses are not bad but are there any good wins? I mean the best victory I see is against a 5-5 IL team without their RB.

Not saying that you do not have a good team and that it will not be very difficult to beat Wisconsin at Camp Randall (where he have not won since 2000) but it is not like you have gotten those 8 wins by beating top teams. You have a great D but ours is not too shabby either. Both Offenses look to be somewhat challenged. And the weather looks like it will be bad favoring a running game where you might be somewhat challenged without Clement. Just saying it will be a very tough game and will probably turn on a big play or two.

I think we will be able to stave off their quarterback.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT