ADVERTISEMENT

One bright spot - 13 Josh Fussell

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
Too many depressing things to talk about on offense so in the interest of finding a positive topic - 13 Josh Fussell came in at CB and looked really good I thought. Tight coverage and a couple nice breaks on the ball. As a redshirt Freshman thought he looked athletic and promising. Reminded me of when Sherrick came in off the bench and was lockdown in his first game. Hoping we have another talent. Looked better than 12 right away IMO, admittedly small sample size, and I think potentially better than 10 as well. Hope he can keep it up.

Last edited:
I guess I’d have to go back and rewatch individual CBs since I mostly thought our DBs looked collectively like they were well coached and battling but ultimately overmatched by good (but not great) P2 WRs. But it wouldn’t surprise me if one or two had a better game.

Too many depressing things to talk about on offense so in the interest of finding a positive topic - 13 Josh Fussell came in at CB and looked really good I thought. Tight coverage and a couple nice breaks on the ball. As a redshirt Freshman thought he looked athletic and promising. Reminded me of when Sherrick came in off the bench and was lockdown in his first game. Hoping we have another talent. Looked better than 12 right away IMO, admittedly small sample size, and I think potentially better than 10 as well. Hope he can keep it up.
#10 got beat badly twice, one for a touchdown. Not good for our top DB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT