ADVERTISEMENT

WGN’s Dave Eanet Introduces New AD Mark Jackson at Pregame N-Zone Alumni Tailgate in Seattle

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Here is link from yesterday’s Tailgate in Seattle where both WGN’s Northwestern Play-by-Play announcer Dave Eanet and NU’s new AD Mark Jackson Spoke.

Just to hear Jackson’s enthusiasm in taking on his new role is worth a watch-listen as he is flanked by the Northwestern Spirit Swuad and an animated Willie the Wildcat!

Here is link from yesterday’s Tailgate in Seattle where both WGN’s Northwestern Play-by-Play announcer Dave Eanet and NU’s new AD Mark Jackson Spoke.

Just to hear Jackson’s enthusiasm in taking on his new role is worth a watch-listen as he is flanked by the Northwestern Spirit Swuad and an animated Willie the Wildcat!

Two things about the short speech that Mark Jackson made at the NAA event. He introduced himself as "Mark"--anyone could walk up to Jim Phillips and address him as "Jim", but somehow, Gragg had always insisted that everyone refer to him as "Dr. Gragg", including all that worked with him. Second, Jackson told the crowd that anyone was welcome to call him if they ever needed anything and that he would always be available. He also circulated through the crowd, talking to anyone that came up to him and did not have a bodyguard. I don't recall Gragg being available to anyone ever, including the football team in a time of crisis.

Sounds like Mark Jackson is a lot more like Jim Phillips. Time will tell how this works out but he made a good first impression.

Two things about the short speech that Mark Jackson made at the NAA event. He introduced himself as "Mark"--anyone could walk up to Jim Phillips and address him as "Jim", but somehow, Gragg had always insisted that everyone refer to him as "Dr. Gragg", including all that worked with him. Second, Jackson told the crowd that anyone was welcome to call him if they ever needed anything and that he would always be available. He also circulated through the crowd, talking to anyone that came up to him and did not have a bodyguard. I don't recall Gragg being available to anyone ever, including the football team in a time of crisis.

Sounds like Mark Jackson is a lot more like Jim Phillips. Time will tell how this works out but he made a good first impression.
Agree, but this is table stakes for an AD. It is sad we need to even say this but the last guy was abysmal.

Last edited:

Now that Jackson is here, NU can fire Schill & Gragg but they won’t.

The Board of Trustees is feckless.

Northwestern has bottom 5 leadership and a toxic culture.

I hope they leave the Big Ten. We still can not beat OSU or Michigan and likely won’t again for decades.

Hope he fas a few guys in a list for football HC. We need to keep up with the B1G and I don’t think Braun’s the person for it. We bled talent on a net basis from the end of last season and that won’t do it.

Hope he fas a few guys in a list for football HC. We need to keep up with the B1G and I don’t think Braun’s the person for it. We bled talent on a net basis from the end of last season and that won’t do it.
Thoughts on how much time they give him? This is def not the Fitz days where he was untouchable from a record perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT