ADVERTISEMENT

Opportunity for Cats (and Fitz) in 2017

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
The Cats have a good chance to post a third straight winning record in conference play. The last time that happened was 1941, the last of a four year streak under Pappy Waldorf. Since then, Ara, Agase, Barnett, Walker and Fitz have had two winning years in conference but not three. It would also be a great complement to the basketball team breaking .500 in basketball. In the dark ages, it seemed that neither team would ever be relevant in the Big 10, and having both as contenders is great to see.

Reactions: BigCatFan19
The Cats have a good chance to post a third straight winning record in conference play. The last time that happened was 1941, the last of a four year streak under Pappy Waldorf. Since then, Ara, Agase, Barnett, Walker and Fitz have had two winning years in conference but not three. It would also be a great complement to the basketball team breaking .500 in basketball. In the dark ages, it seemed that neither team would ever be relevant in the Big 10, and having both as contenders is great to see.

This really needs to happen and then some if we want to be thought of as one of the B1G's top programs.

I agree that three-in-a-row is of some value, but my sights are on a west division crown this year and the possibility of a Big Ten championship. Frankly, anything short of winning the west will be a big disappointment to me. I wish we had an OL that generated more confidence and a bit more depth at LB. But, if we avoid injuries, I do not see anybody in the west I fear. Our schedule is favorable, we have a good mix of experience and youth, and we are coming off an emotional high from the bowl win in NYC. 2018 should be very good as well - I cannot see Thorson leaving early - God forbid! - and our defense and OL should be even better then.

Reactions: DaCat
I agree that three-in-a-row is of some value, but my sights are on a west division crown this year and the possibility of a Big Ten championship. Frankly, anything short of winning the west will be a big disappointment to me. I wish we had an OL that generated more confidence and a bit more depth at LB. But, if we avoid injuries, I do not see anybody in the west I fear. Our schedule is favorable, we have a good mix of experience and youth, and we are coming off an emotional high from the bowl win in NYC. 2018 should be very good as well - I cannot see Thorson leaving early - God forbid! - and our defense and OL should be even better then.
Better hope 18 starts every game.

I think Wisconsin is clearly the favorite. I think objectively we will be 5-4 in conference: underdogs to Wisky and PSU, favorites over Illinois, Purdue and Maryland, toss up in other games. Having said that, if OL comes together, the Cats could win the conference.

Obviously I don't follow the Cats as much as I do OSU, but when looking at the team previews I do look at NU's info in large part because of my visits on this board. Most everything I've seen looks very promising for a winning and maybe championship season.

I look forward to being on here prior to the conference championship and all of you telling me how horrible OSU fans are and how you will win. Good-luck this season and looking forward to the posts.

Obviously I don't follow the Cats as much as I do OSU, but when looking at the team previews I do look at NU's info in large part because of my visits on this board. Most everything I've seen looks very promising for a winning and maybe championship season.

I look forward to being on here prior to the conference championship and all of you telling me how horrible OSU fans are and how you will win. Good-luck this season and looking forward to the posts.
We don't have to wait until the end of the season to tell you that...

Your fans are horrible and we will win. ;)

Always good to have you stop in, Klemm.

I say the Cats will be the
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Klemman,

I always appreciate your visits here and for the life of me cannot figure how you could be an OSU guy. It is never too late to get an advanced degree from NU, or to give us a zillion dollars and get an honorary degree!

Klemman,

I always appreciate your visits here and for the life of me cannot figure how you could be an OSU guy. It is never too late to get an advanced degree from NU, or to give us a zillion dollars and get an honorary degree!

I recommend the later

I've often thought of asking you the very same question.

It started out as just a series of debates about sports and academics, real issues versus biased issues, the reality and what people want to believe- on both sides. Some of the discussions were contentious, but I enjoy a good debate. I was never here to troll or put down NU, and the discussions were typically me defending OSU- or at least trying to put things in perspective. Along the way I started getting to know some of you. The debates whether we agreed or not were of quality more often than not. I can always go to another fan base site to have a "You suck!!" ""You suck more!!" conversation, but those get boring very quickly.

Then again, maybe I'm just channeling my inner-Rocky Balboa when he said after beating Ivan Drago and ended the Cold War.." ... I've seen a lot of changing the way I feel about you and how you feel about me... I guess what I'm saying is if I can change, and you can change, we all can change... Yo Adrian" lol

It started out as just a series of debates about sports and academics, real issues versus biased issues, the reality and what people want to believe- on both sides. Some of the discussions were contentious, but I enjoy a good debate. I was never here to troll or put down NU, and the discussions were typically me defending OSU- or at least trying to put things in perspective. Along the way I started getting to know some of you. The debates whether we agreed or not were of quality more often than not. I can always go to another fan base site to have a "You suck!!" ""You suck more!!" conversation, but those get boring very quickly.
I like you. I'm glad you are here. I was asking the question of the original poster, GoCatsGo, who at his best is insightful and interesting, but at his worst is rude and obnoxious.

I like you. I'm glad you are here. I was asking the question of the original poster, GoCatsGo, who at his best is insightful and interesting, but at his worst is rude and obnoxious.

I realized that after I replied but had already posted. Thanks for saying you're glad I'm here, I do appreciate it. As Fitzphile said, we can all be obnoxious at times.

Reactions: StreamCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT