ADVERTISEMENT

OT- A message from Turk

FloridAlum

May 29, 2001
I just got off the phone from speaking with Turk. He asked me to post something for him. Why? Who the hell knows why. Speaking to Turk is a bit like communicating in a foreign language, but I have a Masters degree in Turkspeak, so I am doing as he wishes. Anyway about an hour or so ago , Turk is at O'Hare airport and he sees Michael Wilbon getting off a plane dressed in purple head to toe. They have met before so he goes up to say hello, are you here for the Purdue game, no says Mike , Flying back to LA tomorrow but may be able to fly in Sunday for the game. So they chatted for a few minutes about the Cats making the big dance, how excited a lot of our alumni in the media are, etc.

I just got off the phone from speaking with Turk. He asked me to post something for him. Why? Who the hell knows why. Speaking to Turk is a bit like communicating in a foreign language, but I have a Masters degree in Turkspeak, so I am doing as he wishes. Anyway about an hour or so ago , Turk is at O'Hare airport and he sees Michael Wilbon getting off a plane dressed in purple head to toe. They have met before so he goes up to say hello, are you here for the Purdue game, no says Mike , Flying back to LA tomorrow but may be able to fly in Sunday for the game. So they chatted for a few minutes about the Cats making the big dance, how excited a lot of our alumni in the media are, etc.
I hope he didn't try to tell Wilbon that basketballs are flat.

First Kevin Coble, now Turk. It's just celebrity day here on the boards....

Not coincidental with the fact that we are about to take our maiden voyage to the big shebang. Aside from the fact that he missed me because I am his dearest friend in the world, I think he wanted to know if I was thinking about organizing a party for our first tournament game and for the Duke football game. The answer was no and probably, in that order.

Not coincidental with the fact that we are about to take our maiden voyage to the big shebang. Aside from the fact that he missed me because I am his dearest friend in the world, I think he wanted to know if I was thinking about organizing a party for our first tournament game and for the Duke football game. The answer was no and probably, in that order.

Missed? I thought someone knew for fact he is Wickerpark?;)

He was at the Michigan game with Alan Smithee. We won despite them
Not the Michigan game. We'd have lost if I'd been there. He was my gracious host for the Rutgers game. I drove and he insisted on making only right turns.

Not the Michigan game. We'd have lost if I'd been there. He was my gracious host for the Rutgers game. I drove and he insisted on making only right turns.

Sorry, got my games confused. When we spoke he was in a bit of a rush, and trying to follow the conversation is always a challenge. Meanwhile both he and Waterboy say they will go to the Duke game if I get a ticket block, Which is very likely. Now I need to work on you next

So he called just to say he saw Wilbon all decked out in purple at ORD?

Sounds fake to me.

Maybe he called because he missed me. I suspect the main reason was that he was curious if there would be some organized gathering for board people at The NCAA tournament game.

First Kevin Coble, now Turk. It's just celebrity day here on the boards....

Remember when there were only a few us, Mike? We always said there was plenty of room on the bandwagon...it took an NCAA season for them to climb aboard.

Remember when there were only a few us, Mike? We always said there was plenty of room on the bandwagon...it took an NCAA season for them to climb aboard.

After being a huge college football fan his entire life, Turk became a big Northwestern basketball fan maybe three or four years ago, is a season ticket holder and attends a lot of games. He was certainly on the bandwagon before this year.

After being a huge college football fan his entire life, Turk became a big Northwestern basketball fan maybe three or four years ago, is a season ticket holder and attends a lot of games. He was certainly on the bandwagon before this year.

Wasn't talking about Turk. There's a lot of other who finally jumped on board this year (posters who have posted on this fball board for years but never took the time to post over here until this season). It's nice to see. And there's still plenty room for more!

Wasn't talking about Turk. There's a lot of other who finally jumped on board this year (posters who have posted on this fball board for years but never took the time to post over here until this season). It's nice to see. And there's still plenty room for more!
Maybe I'm guilty of jumping on the bandwagon. Certainly, there isnt anything wrong with that. Myself and others that are fans of NU basketball have a reason to be excited now. Just because we werent excited doesnt mean we werent fans or fair weather fans. But I myself certainly jumped on the bandwagon.
Prior to this season, there wasnt any reason that compelled me to join this forum. I wasnt interested in disputing personal styles or joining your Collins or Carmody tribes. I do have a reason to be a fan and although I revealed it on a much earlier post, I shouldnt have. The tribalism on this board labled me a certain poster of a certain long ago as a result. Then another few post suggested to others that I was another poster. Then when I made a few post in support of Felis it was suggested I was yet another poster.
I am Mr Wickerpark. I have reason to like NU basketball over the years and I have been a longtime fan. But there was never a bandwagon to jump on and VirginiaWildcat cant point to any bandwagon prior to this year. Thus, all of us, and I suppose many more, didnt miss this bandwagon.

As far as a social gathering, i have no problem attending one during march madness, depending on the date and place.

Out of curiosity, what was your handle around here prior to Wickerpark?
Why do you presume I had a previous handle? I didnt.
I have followed this board over the years on a casual basis but my excitement of our basketball program compelled me to hop on the social bandwagon.
The only ones who could possibly validate what I say would be the admins, since Im sure they have some sort of information gathering when someone signs up. Cookies, etc.

Never had a previous handle, but remembers puffcat, lol.
I do remember puffcat and many others. I wouldnt be surprised if many more lurkers actually sign up for handles, if our BB team makes an even deeper run this year than the writers believe.
I doubt that Ill be the only new handle around here once we go into the madness. The social bandwagon still has its doors open so dont save seats mikewebb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT