ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cats Down #15 Michigan in Baseball

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
DAnmpa2XkAAkUZE.jpg:large

Well done baseball 'Cats. Hope to see more 'Cats in the Cape Cod Baseball ( Summer ) League.

Can't think of a sport at NU that a Phillips hire has not improved results. Maybe wrestling, but too early to tell how Storniolo will work out.

Excellent point. He has been patient with non-performers but made the difficult decisions and made good hiring choices. We don't know the back-story on wrestling but his hand was forced it would appear, so give him a pass on that one.

Reactions: drosejr
NU up 9 - 7 in the 7th against Minny. Last run against Minny top closer. NU hasn't won 2 tournament games since '02. NU baseball is no longer a door mat.

Last edited:
Could be and need only one W Saturday to get into the Big Ten final. Michigan was seeded #2 and Minny #3, who's next?

Well, Iowa is on the verge of upsetting #1 seed Nebraska, who fall to the losers bracket against Maryland. If the Huskers win that game, then NU will have to face them in the Semis, which means NU will have played the top 3 seeds in their first 3 games. Tough road.

Well, Iowa is on the verge of upsetting #1 seed Nebraska, who fall to the losers bracket against Maryland. If the Huskers win that game, then NU will have to face them in the Semis, which means NU will have played the top 3 seeds in their first 3 games. Tough road.

Cats have the luxury of only having to win one game tomorrow. Their opponent needs to win twice. Go Cats!!!!!

Just playing with incredible confidence right now; extra day of rest after the postponement certainly helped as well. When they took the lead late, you just knew it was over....

Would love to see Maryland upset Nebby, though; just a far better match up for us against a pedestrian team in neutral site/road games.

I was checking the bracket and we have to lose twice tomorrow to NOT make the B1G championship game. What an outstanding position to be in! We could legitimately make a regional with the run we're having. I should probably know this, but I'm not sure that we've ever made a regional. I can't find anything online, but if we have it's been ages. Congrats to Spence and the staff on getting this team to gel!

Our RPI is terrible thanks to our bad start, so we would have to win this tournament to make the NCAAs.

Our RPI is terrible thanks to our bad start, so we would have to win this tournament to make the NCAAs.
Yes we have to win it all, but that's only two more games. The way this team is playing its very feasible. We would be a 4 seed in any regional, but it sure would be fun!

And we catch a break; Maryland tomorrow instead of Nebby.
I think the real break is the game went to 1:30am and they'll have to beat us twice today with limited pitching. Got to love the position we're in heading into today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT