ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Looking for a diversion?

Alaska, is the subject of prediction your first grandchild?

In my time I have been a quite good son, at least a mediocre spouse and an often frustrated and ineffectual parent. As a grandparent, however, I get a resounding A. It's the easiest job one could imagine, as little is really expected of a grandparent and the enjoyment is rich. (Great-grandparenting must be even better, as one can just sit and drool in the corner with no responsibilities whatever.) I hope you'll enjoy the experience as much as we have.

Alaska, is the subject of prediction your first grandchild?

In my time I have been a quite good son, at least a mediocre spouse and an often frustrated and ineffectual parent. As a grandparent, however, I get a resounding A. It's the easiest job one could imagine, as little is really expected of a grandparent and the enjoyment is rich. (Great-grandparenting must be even better, as one can just sit and drool in the corner with no responsibilities whatever.) I hope you'll enjoy the experience as much as we have.

The first child for my oldest child and his wife, but not the first grandchild for us. Picking up on your commentary, one of my wife's favorite T Shirts reads, "If I knew grandchildren would be so much fun, I would have had them first."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT