ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Luke at Farmers event at Torrey Pines

WestCoastWildcat

May 29, 2001
Del Mar, CA
Luke is tied for 18th at -3 at Torrey Pines. The event was shrouded by fog today. This has been a fun event over the years to watch Tiger and Phil battle it out, Torrey Pines is practically home court for them. Years ago I followed Luke around the north course wearing my NU cap.

As an aside, as I wrote to Lou, I have been recovering from a nasty bout with a strain of the RSV virus which I picked up over the Christmas holidays while visiting my niece and her 2 small boys in Portland, OR all of whom were sick. Being hospitalized in isolation over New Years in a small room was not fun but my doctors and nurses at Scripps Clinic were great. I continue my slow but steady recovery back to better health.

This post was edited on 2/5 10:24 PM by WestCoastWildcat

OT: Tiger withdraws from Farmers event

Tiger has withdrawn from the Farmer tournament at Torrey Pines. Back was acting up again.

More fog expected tomorrow.

This post was edited on 2/6 1:31 AM by WestCoastWildcat

Re: OT: Tiger withdraws from Farmers event

I played Torre PInes once, in the fog. Tee times are difficult to get, so we didn't let the fog stop us. With no gallery or fore caddies to spot the balls, we hit into the fog and headed into the fog in the general direction of where we thought the ball had gone. A lot of fun until we ran out of balls.

Thanks PurpleCat. Things are going much better now and I am able to enjoy my activities as before. I guess I learned a lesson to stay away from sick children.

Re: OT: Tiger withdraws from Farmers event

My office building at UC San Diego faces the south course so from our offices we can see tees and flags for holes 11, 12, 13 and 14. I don't golf but it is a very scenic course to walk. In years past we could always tell when Tiger was approaching the holes in our area from the large crowds following him. FWIW- Phil is in on the redesign of the south course, but for some reason the landscaping project has been delayed. The north course was revamped years ago and is considered the more challenging of the two, We also enjoy going to the Lodge at Torrey Pines for lunch at their grill which has nice views of the golf course and the ocean beyond. The pro shop is just a stones throw away from the grill so it is an interesting place to browse around. The Lodge architecture in California Craftsman style which I like. I can recommend the spa that is part of the Lodge. My sister and other friends of mine have enjoyed visits there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT