ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My B1G flower garden

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
It's May in Minnesota, and I'm planting my Big Ten flower garden again this year. I have Northwestern and Minnesota well represented. I have added Michigan State this year, and have some Coleus that represent Oregon, but so what. They don't sell Black Eyed Susans in the garden stores, so that eliminates Iowa and Purdue. Red is OUT, I want nothing that reminds me of tOSU, at least until we beat them in a conference championship game. So that also eliminates Wisconsin, Nebraska, Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland. Has anyone ever seen a maize and blue flower? No? There's a reason for that, it represents Michigan. There are probably blue and white flowers, but I will have to wait for summer showers. Did I miss any school? Oh right, blue and orange, so I'm planting a pumpkin, to carve up in the Fall.

Last edited:
I guess I could send you some of these purple and white flowers for you to add to your Northwestern flora. These Siberian Squill petals were the first flowers to emerge from the snow this spring.

Ironically they border the infamous raspberry patch that with its Moose invitees have brought the Wildcats storied success over the past decades.

IMG_0173.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pnt16
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT