OT: Nick Saban Rant

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Our beloved Coach Fitz should watch this and learn from the master:

"I read stuff all the time and wonder where that comes from....."

"And thanks for asking!"

Perhaps I'm missing something in this reporter's interpretation of a Saban's reply to a rather pointedy leading question asked to elicit some news-worthy response as a rant is quite a stretch. IMHO, Saban speaks to this rather stupid question in a very controlled, low-emotion fashion, not like some raving lunatic, off-the-chain screaming diatribe (like that provided by Dennis "They were who we thought they were" Green or Dick "Playoffs... You asking me about playoffs?" Vermeil). It's got to be a very slow news day for college football media types if this low-key response was given the ink/video that it did.

Perhaps I'm missing something in this reporter's interpretation of a Saban's reply to a rather pointedy leading question asked to elicit some news-worthy response as a rant is quite a stretch. IMHO, Saban speaks to this rather stupid question in a very controlled, low-emotion fashion, not like some raving lunatic, off-the-chain screaming diatribe (like that provided by Dennis "They were who we thought they were" Green or Dick "Playoffs... You asking me about playoffs?" Vermeil). It's got to be a very slow news day for college football media types if this low-key response was given the ink/video that it did.

The "Playoffs.." rant was Jim Mora. Dick Vermeil was all abut crying. I liked both those guys.

Maybe I'm missing something, but best I can tell, that seemed a rather innocuous question; not particularly pointed, nor even interesting. Not sure what compelled Saban to careen off in the direction he did. A simple "Yeah, he's been working hard, and we'd like to see him get in the mix for a starting spot" type of answer would've fit the bill just fine, without Saban really having to say anything of substance. A softball question, really. Didn't see much need for the soapbox.

Our beloved Coach Fitz should watch this and learn from the master:

"I read stuff all the time and wonder where that comes from....."

"And thanks for asking!"

Coach Saban totally sounds like a guy who'd be really distraught that his starting offensive line hasn't been named and released to the media. That guy hates practice and players competing hard every day to earn their playing time. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT