ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Recovering from Covid-19

I've taken Ivermectin for a "larva migrans" infection (I kicked a wet cat turd in a small puddle while mowing the lawn) that itched like a mofo. It was creepy feeling this worm larva crawl around under your skin leaving a track on my foot. The pills cost me a few dollars, the emergency room cost me $870.

Damn! I'll be more careful when I mow the lawn. :)

The Amish do their farming with horses. Turk, your delusion is actually charming, since it is so naive as to be almost believable. We are glad you are recovered and immune. What about the people you may have infected and may be dead?
Not interested in stories and personal attacks.
Carry on!

Dead, unvaccinated Americans deserve it.

They’re selfish people, who don’t care about others, least of all their family members and friends who have to live with the loss.

It’s refreshing to know that real-life Turk is the same as fake internet Turk.

Jesus never said anything about personal freedom.

My son asked to get vaccinated last week. He was nervous and hesitant, and we hadn’t forced him because of the relatively limited risk to children (he’s 12). But, as reports have shown that children are more efficient at spreading delta, and also at greater risk, he decided it was worth the discomfort to protect his teachers and classmates. Pretty proud parenting moment.

We took my seven-year-old daughter. She said she would get it when it was approved for her.

Last edited:
Please let us know when you are.
Here is a good read on the covid protocol at Broward Medical and why the chief pulmonologist researcher, who was my consult, uses ivemectim. I know someone posted a miami herald article claiming such evil with ivemectim but that journalist was clueless because the biggest hospital in his area treats mild covid patients with it. And firsthand, i told you guys they gave it to mr.

Reactions: hdhntr1

They’re selfish people, who don’t care about others, least of all their family members and friends who have to live with the loss.

My son asked to get vaccinated last week. He was nervous and hesitant, and we hadn’t forced him because of the relatively limited risk to children (he’s 12). But, as reports have shown that children are more efficient at spreading delta, and also at greater risk, he decided it was worth the discomfort to protect his teachers and classmates. Pretty proud parenting moment.

We took my seven-year-old daughter. She said she would get it when it was approved for her.
I think that is pretty harsh and an elite attitude from someone yourself who has been incredibly blessed in your life.
Not sure if you live around poor people like i do where the racial mix puts me in a vast minority but as an educated man, i can certainly tell you that you are clueless of the cultural problem going on with ongoing mistrust thru most minority communities.
No, minorities dont deserve to die because they didnt take a vaccine. No no no.
And uneducated people and poverty rates are much less vaccinated.
Its easy from your blessed perch to be incredibly ignorant and tie in religion when that has nothing to do with most of the decision making other than maybe a few internet trolls.
Have some compassion for people less blessed than you. It appears that your boy took after your wife. Thank god he has compassion and didnt follow pops advice that all these people deserve to die.
Sheesh!

Another thing. There are millions like myself who are highly educated, above avg intelligence that approached the covid question in the same personal risk assessment as you did.
You, respectfully chose, to limit your personal risk and get a vaccine. Fair enough. Made good sense.
Myself and millions of others chose to take on personal covid risk and the certainty of getting covid, with the end result having immunity.
I suppose. In my case, the risk assessment ended up being a bit more than I was comfortable with but it was still mild (nasal 2L oxygen) and i bore the risk personally.
At the end of the day, it paid off and my decision resulted in the exact sorta immunity that i expected.
There is zero reason for me to even wear a mask.
I cant get covid or pass it. I could walk into a covid party and be 100% confident Im not getting it.
More importantly, im a benefit to society and plan on giving my plasma. Unlike vaccinated people who are 8x more likely than me to get covid symptoms, i cant spread to the people.
You can talk nonsense and claim that all risk assessment paths are evil and punishable by death except your risk assessment strategy but if you entered an academic discussion and left your flat earth mentality (all unvaxed deserve death now), you will not be able to come up with any other conclusion other than my risk assessment with assumed outcome was a fair and reasonable one.

Another thing. There are millions like myself who are highly educated, above avg intelligence that approached the covid question in the same personal risk assessment as you did.
You, respectfully chose, to limit your personal risk and get a vaccine. Fair enough. Made good sense.
Myself and millions of others chose to take on personal covid risk and the certainty of getting covid, with the end result having immunity.
I suppose. In my case, the risk assessment ended up being a bit more than I was comfortable with but it was still mild (nasal 2L oxygen) and i bore the risk personally.
At the end of the day, it paid off and my decision resulted in the exact sorta immunity that i expected.
I cant get covid or pass it. I could walk into a covid party and be 100% confident Im not getting it.
More importantly, im a benefit to society and plan on giving my plasma. Unlike vaccinated people who are 8x more likely than me to get covid symptoms, i cant spread to the people.
You can talk nonsense and claim that all risk assessment paths are evil and punishable by death except your risk assessment strategy but if you entered an academic discussion and left your flat earth mentality (all unvaxed deserve death now), you will not be able to come up with any other conclusion other than my risk assessment with assumed outcome was a fair and reasonable one.

Your choice to remain unvaccinated with a relatively high likelihood of catching COVID gave the virus another chance to transmit and another chance to adapt, leaving all of us at higher danger than if you’d just gotten the shot in the first place.

As I wrote, it’s good to know that your online personality isn’t a fake. It’s good you’re not dead. I wonder if you transmitted to anyone currently dying.

As I wrote, it’s good to know that your online personality isn’t a fake. It’s good you’re not dead. I wonder if you transmitted to anyone currently dying.
who can know. I wonder if you have transmitted to anyone currently dying? I don't even have to wear a mask. Unlike you, I can contribute with my plasma and save a life of someone dying. Im now in the exact sorta place I knew I would be in after bagging my antibodies. Not arrogant. I know my antibodies will eventually weaken and I think we both know that there could be some blood thirsty variants coming but they will necessarily affect you as well. In fact, you are more exposed. hopefully, you take little risk and stay inside and don't become an evil spreader to brothas.

On the science front, Germany, Italy only administer 1 pfizer dose to those like me who got natural immunity. They found out that people like me simply do not need 2 doses. I think the US protocol is stilll 2 doses but I'm thinking after they digest the latest data on natural immunity, that maybe only one dose will be acceptable here as well. And to be sure, natural immunity isn't something we can create a public policy over since it varies greatly. Some with natural immunity may be crap out of luck. Just can't wrap around a public policy over it since it varies greatly.

Last edited:
Looks like the Rant board is back alive and well.
Yeah, not sure how this thread is in any way shape or form related to football. And, some of the opinions being dressed up as “science” here are cringe-worthy at best, and, if you squint just a little, borderline dangerous misinformation to public health.

I want to go back to the safety and comfort of the Rock, but, somehow I can’t look away.

Yeah, not sure how this thread is in any way shape or form related to football. And, some of the opinions being dressed up as “science” here are cringe-worthy at best, and, if you squint just a little, borderline dangerous misinformation to public health.

I want to go back to the safety and comfort of the Rock, but, somehow I can’t look away.
It's related to football because it is about Turk. You may not know that he is the person who intuited that because a football field is flat, so is the earth. Don't let on, though, that a football field is actually curved, for drainage.

Last edited:
It's related to football because it is about Turk. You may not know that he is the person who intuited that because a football field is flat, so is the earth. Don't let on, though, that a football field is actually curved for drainage.
That was actually funny. Ill give you points for humor stpaul

Dead, unvaccinated ELIGIBLE Americans deserve it.

FIFY. I have an eight year old. We will in a deep red state. She can't get a vaccine for months. Meantime, school is like a petri dish. We are holding on by our fingernails. She doesn't deserve it.

I believe some people watch too much television, and because of it do not know that dead means actually dead.

I believe some people watch too much television, and because of it do not know that dead means actually dead.
Would you allow for mostly dead? It worked in princess bride.
As far as nu320, he is a spreader as well as you so the best advice is to follow cdc guidelines. He can expose his kids. Mask up at home. Maybe double mask in the car. Dont eat together. Just safe social distancing. Spreaders need to be careful.

At a much MUCH lower rate, at least until the Delta variant emerged… which would have been much better controlled if more people had been vaccinated and masked earlier.
Unless the person already had Covid in the last 9-12 months, in which case they are less likely to spread it than someone who is vaxxed. Because the vaccine does a very good job of providing internal immunity (at least for a temporary period of time, and against the primary Covid, less so Delta), but does not do a good job of providing the mucosal immunity which is how the virus typically spreads.

It totally makes sense for folks who haven't had Covid to get vaxxed, but if they have it's kind of silly and ineffective to get a vaccine, you already have stronger natural immunity from having beaten the virus and are less likely to transmit. If people want to do so sure go ahead (I guess if you are in a high risk group age wise or health wise then maybe you want to double up or something), but there's not much point in it. More useful would probably be skipping the initial vaccine and just getting a single booster for Delta variant (if the data continues to come back to show that it is effective against that - thus far initial signs seem tentatively promising though duration of that data is short).

• Angry
Reactions: NUCat320
Unless the person already had Covid in the last 9-12 months, in which case they are less likely to spread it than someone who is vaxxed. Because the vaccine does a very good job of providing internal immunity (at least for a temporary period of time, and against the primary Covid, less so Delta), but does not do a good job of providing the mucosal immunity which is how the virus typically spreads.

It totally makes sense for folks who haven't had Covid to get vaxxed, but if they have it's kind of silly and ineffective to get a vaccine, you already have stronger natural immunity from having beaten the virus and are less likely to transmit. If people want to do so sure go ahead (I guess if you are in a high risk group age wise or health wise then maybe you want to double up or something), but there's not much point in it. More useful would probably be skipping the initial vaccine and just getting a single booster for Delta variant (if the data continues to come back to show that it is effective against that - thus far initial signs seem tentatively promising though duration of that data is short).
Or you could listen to people who “do science” professionally and get vaxxed.

Item #2:

Yes, but at much lower rates. Just like a mask isn't an inpenetrable barrier, but it's definitely far better than not wearing one.

Just like condoms aren't 100% either.
I said it on the Rant Board and I'll say it again here..... people have a very difficult time with the concept of probabilities. That is driving part of this problem on masks, vaccines and other issues related to the virus. We will never get the probability of Covid danger down to zero, but we don't really have to. We all accept some level of risk in our lives. When we step out the front door, when we get in a car, when we engage with other humans... everything has some level of risk. How do we get the level of Covid risk low enough to where it doesn't have to impact our society so strongly? Masks are really good, but vaccines are the best.

I really think you're wrong here. The data that I have seen suggest that the vaccine actually does a better job of creating an immune response than even catching the virus previously does. While it may not seem intuitive, that is what the evidence is showing. Considering there is almost no chance of harm (again... probabilities at play) from the vaccine, why play around?

The only thing that's changed with the vaccines is that we have a new, more efficient variant with Delta. Their effectiveness was expected to decline over time. The max length of protection for these vaccines that I recall was about a year. Delta is probably shortening that immune period because of its efficiency.

If we don't drive down cases and spread with vaccines and other mitigation methods, an even more contagious variant will emerge. And now I hear there's a "Delta Plus" variant that is even more contagious. Those who argue that evolution should select for more highly contagious and less virulent strains (quacks like Geert Vanden Bossche, Peter Navarro) fail to realize that virulence has no limiting effect on spread and evolution of greater virulence if the disease progresses and kills its victims slowly. Indeed, the Delta variant is both a more efficient virus that spreads easily and it appears to be more virulent in terms of the percentage of victims requiring hospital care now.

Breakthroughs are Delta cases defeating vaccines taken months ago for other strains. New vaccines need to be developed that better neutralize newer dominant strains. Boosters are said to boost antibody levels exceeding those after the second shot of the first round of vaccinations. What has changed, as Turk reported, is the strength of naturally acquired immunity (NI) over vaccine immunity (VI) is emerging in the data now whereas that wasn't clear in the first few months after innoculation. There were reports that VI persons had higher titers of antibodies than NI people and immunity was supposed to be higher. That VI immunity seems to have eroded faster than NI over time.
That protection from the vaccines is waning is not really all that clear. It is the problem with doing epidemiological research on humans. It creates these breathtaking headlines in the news, but the conclusions are often very suspect. The talk of vaccine immunity waning comes mostly from studies in Israel showing that people who got the vaccine earlier are showing more breakthrough cases than those who were vaccinated later. While, one is tempted to jump to the obvious conclusion that the vaccine protection must be waning (as news organizations loved to do as it got them eyeballs), that may not be a correct interpretation of the results.

What do we know about the groups of people that got vaccinated sooner rather than later? Are there any other differences that might explain the results? For example, many of the people that were vaccinated early on were richer and more educated. They are now traveling more and taking more risks, whereas before they were being very careful to not be exposed. They may also include some health care professionals who are already at increased risk because of their job and are now catching Delta cases because they encounter it way more. There are plenty of factors that could explain the results besides just that protection is waning.

I said it on the Rant Board and I'll say it again here..... people have a very difficult time with the concept of probabilities. That is driving part of this problem on masks, vaccines and other issues related to the virus. We will never get the probability of Covid danger down to zero, but we don't really have to. We all accept some level of risk in our lives. When we step out the front door, when we get in a car, when we engage with other humans... everything has some level of risk. How do we get the level of Covid risk low enough to where it doesn't have to impact our society so strongly? Masks are really good, but vaccines are the best.
Staying off the internet is another good way.

FWIW I got the Pfizer and came down with Covid recently. I live alone and the only time I leave home is to run errands or go to the gym.

Only 1 day of fever but it’s been a week and I’m still feeling unwell

The problem with your assessment is that you don't live in a vacuum. So you decided to risk COVID and you ended up in the hospital. Assuming that you had some type of medical insurance to pay most of the bills, it is this type of mindset that caused my organization's medical insurance premiums to go up by 25% at renewal. When I was working with our insurance team, they told me that the increase was almost entirely due to increased COVID costs (on a macro level, it was not company specific - we did not have any COVID claims).

It will be inevitable that most large companies like Delta Airlines that self-insure will pass on the higher cost to unvaccinated employees.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaCat
The problem with your assessment is that you don't live in a vacuum. So you decided to risk COVID and you ended up in the hospital. Assuming that you had some type of medical insurance to pay most of the bills, it is this type of mindset that caused my organization's medical insurance premiums to go up by 25% at renewal. When I was working with our insurance team, they told me that the increase was almost entirely due to increased COVID costs (on a macro level, it was not company specific - we did not have any COVID claims).

It will be inevitable that most large companies like Delta Airlines that self-insure will pass on the higher cost to unvaccinated employees.
Yup, Turk's COVID treatment was subsidzed by the rest of us. Well, not me because I'm on Medicare (Yet. I'm sure Medicare's costs are going to rise because of this also, and all of us taxpayers will pay for that).

See the previous posts on this earlier in the thread. But ignore the misinterpretations of it.
What I see are comments by several posters who never admit they're wrong. I admit I don't trust reporters either. So there we are.

What I see are comments by several posters who never admit they're wrong. I admit I don't trust reporters either. So there we are.
Hey.... I've admitted I was wrong before. Remember that one time where I posted that I thought you had made a good point. And then later, realized, no you really hadn't. I admitted I was wrong. :p

Reactions: mountaindrew

But the vaccine was free!
Glades: $0.00 and never sick, gets booster in December.
Turk: minus $1000.00 and sick, gets booster in May.

Nice risk assessment and smart choice there, Turk.

With certainty, medical cost through this new virus is taxing the system. Delta is self insured and so they can pass on the cost. Although, the cost from opiod, diabetes, smoking etc seem to be more of a drain but nonetheless, covid is piled on to what already is. I work for a different airline and I have a union contract that restricts any increased cost for 5 more years. I think my cost can collectively go up by a cap of 3% a year. My total out of pocket per year is $1,000 which I already hit. This was a personal choice and I assessed my health care in case my risk spiked. Thus, for me, I never considered the personal cost to my risk.

But yes, we live in a society. It affects us all. I remember I wasn't a fan of those who took risk associated with needles and HIV but we are all individuals and I believe our health care system needs to provide for all, insurance or not, and it is a fundamental right not to be discrimated against.

At any rate, the vaccinated are also becoming more of a burden to the health care. It's not their fault either. Covid it seems has no respect of persons as the newest strain in Africa may not even recognize vaccines at all.

True although I may move up a booster to 4 months out. Your assessment was very kind. Im afraid its much more than the money.
I have long covid. The known harm isnt final for me. The price of obtaining natural immunity cant be measured until i see the damage to my lungs etc.
It isnt as simple as being 100% good to go.

As an aside, I read about all of these variants. Do you know the docs couldn't tell me which one I had? At what point do they confirm it was Delta or how does it get coded in a national database if it was unknown to them which one I had?

Last edited:

I have a feeling you’re going to change your mind and get your booster in October. I said it before, unless things change between now and then, I doubt it, I will get Maderna again like I did the first time.Also, Glades, call me

PS sometimes I really love spellcheck. I dictated the message in the first place, and it came out that I will get Madonna. I am not going to get Madonna in October

I have a feeling you’re going to change your mind and get your booster in October. I said it before, unless things change between now and then, I doubt it, I will get Maderna again like I did the first time.Also, Glades, call me

PS sometimes I really love spellcheck. I dictated the message in the first place, and it came out that I will get Madonna. I am not going to get Madonna in October
That's a whole other kinda' virus!

I love the smell of Madonna in the morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT