ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The (Wild)Cat in the (Northwestern)Hat

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Recently signed on to my Northwestern Class Alumni Reunion Committee which means I am now obligated to on campus for our Homecoming Game. In conjunction with my committee responsibilities I was requested to help start off an Alumni Directory. After all the biographical information I added a photo feature titled, "The Wild(Cat) in the (Northwestern)Hat that chronicles my Northwestern Cap as it travels the globe. I share it here in hopes that at least some may find it entertaining

When I wasn’t in class, you could find me:​

The Shakespeare Garden, Deering Library, The Lakefront, downtown Chicago including the Chicago Art Institute and theatres.

d576

The (Wild)Cat in the (Northwestern) Hat as it is worn across the Globe
d576

d576

d576

d576

d576

d576

d576

d576

d576

The Northwestern Cap even found use while recently teaching at a College in Japan ...
d576

..... as I joined the students dressing up as a Wildcat for Halloween
d576

Back in the USA the Northwestern Cap accompanies me to a Cubs Game at Wrigley Field
d576

Where NU alum Sports Broadcaster Michael Wilbon gives me a big grin after interviewing Anthony Rizzo when I wave my cap and yell "Go Cats!"
d576

Even the Pandemic cannot halt the cap's travels (OK, this one is the Northwestern Big 10 Champions cap)
d576

Returned home on a Flattop Mountain hike with grandchild in tow overlooking Anchorage, Alaska

Great idea. Can other" hat" travels be added to this?

Have to credit the late FarEastWildcat who initiated the "Taking the Purple" to the world which was followed up by a similar project undertaken by LakethePosts in its heyday. Typically a Northwestern flag was employed in Flat Stanley style.

Pictured, several of my submissions to the Lake the Posts project. Included, The Rock of Gibralter in honor of our own Rock, and the steaming Volcano on the Island of Hawaii.
DSC_0022.jpg

IMG_1996_zps50a04d20.jpg
DSC_0713-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have completed the Abbott World Major Marathons (Boston, Chicago, New York, Berlin, London & Tokyo) wearing a Northwestern shirt. At every race I heard " Go Cats " numerous times. Below is a photo when I completed the Petra Half Marathon last fall. It is with a great sense of pride that I wear my Northwestern shirt. Go Cats!!

Last edited:
Have to credit the late FarEastWildcat who initiated the "Taking the Purple" to the world which was followed up by a similar project undertaken by LakethePosts in its heyday. Typically a Northwestern flag was employed in Flat Stanley style.

Pictured, several of my submissions to the Lake the Posts project. Included, The Rock of Gibralter in honor of our own Rock, and the steaming Volcano on the Island of Hawaii.

(Just noticed that the (Northwestern)Hat subject of the initial post also made it into the steaming Hawaii Volcano photo.)

DSC_0022.jpg

IMG_1996_zps50a04d20.jpg

DSC_0713-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT