ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wonderful post from an Iowa grad

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Yes, it's a black Iowa grad, and yes, it's about being black in America (and in Naperville).

All lives matter, which is another way of saying black and white and yellow and blue and brown and purple (especially purple) lives matter.

Sorry for interrupting. I think it's pretty compelling stuff.

(On topic: this was Fitz's first conference win.)

Last edited:
Years ago I went to a high school of more than 2,000 kids that had exactly one black student, a girl whose father was stationed at the local military station. I often wondered what the situation must have been like for her. This might have given me some small window into it. Excellently written.

Yes, it's a black Iowa grad, and yes, it's about being black in America (and in Naperville).

All lives matter, which is another way of saying black and white and yellow and blue and brown and purple (especially purple) lives matter.

Sorry for interrupting. I think it's pretty compelling stuff.

(On topic: this was Fitz's first conference win.)

Great read!

It's a real person's experience, the reality of many real people, and a reality that most of us will never have. Regardless of where someone stands on their political ideology, I think it is important to realize these realities exist as they come to their conclusions.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT