ADVERTISEMENT

Outta-Sight...

The_Waterboy

May 29, 2001
Out-matched; Out-coached; Out-hustled; Out-executed; Out-game-planned in every phase of the contest. Out of my mind with embarrassment. I'm surprised the 'Cats got out of the visitors locker room without getting lost heading onto the field. This train wreck is unwatchable. nfm...

I think we need to think about cancelling the season.... Imagine what the rest of the B1G will do to us... And what's the point of risking grievous bodily injury in a lost year...?

• Haha
Reactions: CatManTrue
Loser’s mindset. Take the field and do your best. If you take your lumps, so be it.
Somewhat agree.... but these guys can sustain life altering injury being so outmatched... I guess no one held a gun to their heads and made them do it....

I think we need to think about cancelling the season.... Imagine what the rest of the B1G will do to us... And what's the point of risking grievous bodily injury in a lost year...?
I said that earlier but I think they will be ok (health wise). They will probably beat Howard and maybe UTEP. As well as I expected them to do pre scandal

I was somewhat kidding when I suggested cancelling the season. But I wonder which scenario would enable rebuilding and rebranding the program faster? Losing every game 80-0 or just skipping the season entirely....?

I said that earlier but I think they will be ok (health wise). They will probably beat Howard and maybe UTEP. As well as I expected them to do pre scandal
I think you are being overly optimistic (Isn’t that an ironic role reversal). There isn’t a game on our schedule this year that anybody should think is a likely win for NU.

I was somewhat kidding when I suggested cancelling the season. But I wonder which scenario would enable rebuilding and rebranding the program faster? Losing every game 80-0 or just skipping the season entirely....?
I think we need to field some kind of football team in order to get the school's full share of the TV money. Only reason to have a team at this point.

Why don't we have an HB in the backfield to block?? PSU was running sets with two HBs and an RB in the backfield at times last night. You don't have to leave your QB back there alone against the blitz.

Reactions: NUCats
I think you are being overly optimistic (Isn’t that an ironic role reversal). There isn’t a game on our schedule this year that anybody should think is a likely win for NU.
Well, RU is arguably the 2nd worst team in the B1G. We have no depth so we will get thin as we get beaten up. I can't see us winning a B1G game. UTEP and Howard possible tho

Why don't we have an HB in the backfield to block?? PSU was running sets with two HBs and an RB in the backfield at times last night. You don't have to leave your QB back there alone against the blitz.
Agree, but the few times I saw us using an RB to block, they either whiffed or got run over. Evan Hull they are not.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I'm in heavy mourning at this moment. Truth be told, it's not hyperbole thinking that the 2021 thru 2023 seasons could be the beginning of a new Dark Ages era for the program with the specter of yet another 1-win season a real possibility over this fall's campaign. I thought, at minimum, that the 'Cats would be competitive on the defensive side of the LOS, yet to witness a truly no-name, pizz-poor Offense like the one that the Scarlet Blights rolled out for their home opener in 2023 like they were the 2nd coming of the Abalama Crimson Tide with 2 quick TDs on their first 2 possessions of the game was equivalent to a swift kick in the 'nads. After those 2 scores, the 'Cats looked like they were merely mailing-in the remainder of the contest.

And to be completely honest, I like Braun as an effective coordinator at the Division 2 level; however today, he proved himself nothing less than overwhelmed & totally out of his element as a B1G HC. No fire... No getting into the face of underperforming OL & DL personnel for the entire game... Just pacing the NU sideline looking lost and forlorn. Unfortunately, I can predict with utmost surety that this season is DOA for my beloved 'Cats. And after the first damn game of 2023 for Gawd's sake. I'm gonna head-out to my backyard & start eating my fill of slimy worms...

Reactions: mountaindrew
Thes is either the end or the beginning. That's one reason for hope, that Fitzball is finally dead and something better will rise from the ashes.

We won plenty of games when his defense wasn’t stellar. I was around long enough to remember when people on here were calling for Hanks head with the soft coverage he had with the DB’s. Brown too.
I call BS. Nobody ever called for Hanks head. DB coach but not Hank.

Reactions: drewjin
That's one reason for hope, that Fitzball is finally dead and something better will rise from the ashes.

Fitzball is finally dead? What I saw today looked exactly like Fitzball. You can't expect a guy who's never been a head coach before, and has never coached in P5 AT ALL before, to remake the team - in one month, mind you - from the previous head coach/Fitz model.

We still have Fitzball through this season for sure. If a miracle happens and either Gragg or a new AD somehow persuades a Sean Lewis or other genuinely high quality coach to come take over.... then there is some hope for the future.

Some. We still have to overcome our built in gigantic disadvantages of NIL and admissions, whoever is in charge next year. Waterboy is right - the New Dark Ages are beckoning. God help us.

Last edited:
Fitzball is finally dead? What I saw today looked exactly like Fitzball. You can't expect a guy who's never been a head coach before, and has never coached in P5 AT ALL before, to remake the team - in one month, mind you - from the previous head coach/Fitz model.

We still have Fitzball through this season for sure. If a miracle happens and either Gragg or a new AD somehow persuades a Sean Lewis or other genuinely high quality coach to come take over.... then there is some hope for the future.

Some. We still have to overcome our built in gigantic disadvantages of NIL and admissions, whoever is in charge next year. Waterboy is right - the New Dark Ages are beckoning. God help us.
God help THEM. "We" will be fine. Yes, Fitzball is dead , but like anything else, there are lingering after effects. I do not fault Braun at all, he inhereted an impossible situation. He may not be the ultimate answer, but, Jeez, give the guy a break. The answers lie with Schill and Gragg, and that gives me pause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT