ADVERTISEMENT

Terrence Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to WSCR when this story broke a few minutes ago.

Of course, Bernstein usurps the lead by describing downstate fans, as “undeveloped” because he’s triggered by a few fans commenting that the story is not fair to Shannon (it is, but fans gonna fan and Bernstein should know that)

Of course, Bernstein usurps the lead by describing downstate fans, as “undeveloped” because he’s triggered by a few fans commenting that the story is not fair to Shannon (it is, but fans gonna fan and Bernstein should know that)
Bernstein is on the Mount Rushmore of pompous ass wipes on the planet

It has been investigated by police since September, which lends some credence to the charges. It boggles my mind that a guy with a future in the NBA would get himself into this situation. I hope it somehow is much less than it appears.

Agreed...

Even if you give him every benefit of the doubt and say whatever happened was consensual what is he doing??? You're going to do some random chick on a weekend in Kansas in which indirectly you're still representing the U of I. You can't keep it in your pants for 2 days, potentially risking countless millions in future earnings???

Agreed...

Even if you give him every benefit of the doubt and say whatever happened was consensual what is he doing??? You're going to do some random chick on a weekend in Kansas in which indirectly you're still representing the U of I. You can't keep it in your pants for 2 days, potentially risking countless millions in future earnings???
A lot of people don’t think before they act.

Reactions: EagerFan
I can only hope that justice prevails in this case. I had knowledge on day one of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Scandal, that the allegations were false. The corrupt, politically motivated, Durham prosecutor tried to railroad 3 White kids to foster support from the Black community in an upcoming election. Duke ,much like Schill, caved to media bias and threw the 3 players under the bus. Nifong obscured evidence that the victim had 6 separate semen samples found during her rape exam, none from a Duke player, much less the 3 who were charged with sexual assault. There was other exculpatory evidence as well but it was only the ability of the 3 families to engage adequate counsel that allowed Nifong to be exposed and eventually disbarred.
Nancy Grace pilloried the 3 Duke players nightly, demanding the most severe penalties for exerting their privilege over a poor disadvantaged woman. The Duke Faculty in many departments signed petitions demanding severe penalties , regardless of whether the players were innocent. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson took advantage of the notoriety of the case to demand prosecution.

Eventually, N.Carolina DOJ had all charges dismissed. Nifong was disbarred. The woman ,Christal Mangum, who falsely accused the 3, is now incarcerated for murder

The Duke Lacrosse team was on campus during Spring Break. A team party was arranged, and a stripper was engaged to perform. The stripper unfortunately was unable to perform because she was either intoxicated or drug impaired. She undoubtedly received verbal abuse and fabricated the story that led to The Duke Lacrosse Scandal. Stupid college behavior but not worthy of the notoriety that the case produced

You may criticize the hiring of a stripper, but I just got back from Vegas and the shows I saw-well to say the least, there were a lot of scantily clothed women performing.

I hope that Mr. Shannon has satisfactory counsel and the truth is discovered

But also, it’s still okay to believe the woman. There’s zero upside for a woman to report a rape to police. This has been thoroughly investigated, and, yes, hopefully justice prevails.

Reactions: drewjin
I can only hope that justice prevails in this case. I had knowledge on day one of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Scandal, that the allegations were false. The corrupt, politically motivated, Durham prosecutor tried to railroad 3 White kids to foster support from the Black community in an upcoming election. Duke ,much like Schill, caved to media bias and threw the 3 players under the bus. Nifong obscured evidence that the victim had 6 separate semen samples found during her rape exam, none from a Duke player, much less the 3 who were charged with sexual assault. There was other exculpatory evidence as well but it was only the ability of the 3 families to engage adequate counsel that allowed Nifong to be exposed and eventually disbarred.
Nancy Grace pilloried the 3 Duke players nightly, demanding the most severe penalties for exerting their privilege over a poor disadvantaged woman. The Duke Faculty in many departments signed petitions demanding severe penalties , regardless of whether the players were innocent. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson took advantage of the notoriety of the case to demand prosecution.

Eventually, N.Carolina DOJ had all charges dismissed. Nifong was disbarred. The woman ,Christal Mangum, who falsely accused the 3, is now incarcerated for murder

The Duke Lacrosse team was on campus during Spring Break. A team party was arranged, and a stripper was engaged to perform. The stripper unfortunately was unable to perform because she was either intoxicated or drug impaired. She undoubtedly received verbal abuse and fabricated the story that led to The Duke Lacrosse Scandal. Stupid college behavior but not worthy of the notoriety that the case produced

You may criticize the hiring of a stripper, but I just got back from Vegas and the shows I saw-well to say the least, there were a lot of scantily clothed women performing.

I hope that Mr. Shannon has satisfactory counsel and the truth is discovered
Yea, she’s a real winner.

Hopefully justice and/or the truth wins out whomever it benefits.

I love watching Shannon play, even as a Cats fan.

Was looking forward to a game at full strength but the Illini have enough talent that the game will be a tough one no matter what.

When I was in school a friend of mine was accused of rape. He ended up settling and had to transfer out. Found out later through a sorority sister of the accuser that she made it up because she was mad at the guy.

False accusations are too easy and happen more often than most people think. Not to take away from the seriousness of sexual assault at all, but things aren’t always so simple.

"false allegations are easy"
"culture of sexual abuse at Northwestern"

at least in the Shannon case, the alleged victim names the alleged perpetrator.

"false allegations are easy"
"culture of sexual abuse at Northwestern"

at least in the Shannon case, the alleged victim names the alleged perpetrator.

"Sexualized hazing" is the current correct term to use. Apparently that is a crime per commenters here and means quite a few NU ex-football players are pending felons.

Reactions: IGNORE2

I stopped listening to him years ago. Glad I did

I truly hopes this works out for Shannon - and the lady. I don't know what happened but effectively ending a promising life is a terrible thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT