ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12 Network Struggles

Pretty obvious what is going on here:
LA viewers - too busy looking in the mirror, seeing who is looking at them
SF viewers - too busy critiquing Seattle coffee, riding bikes, and trying to get tech jobs
Seattle viewers - too busy driving Subarus
Portland viewers - too busy hugging trees, dogs, farmers, protestors, and building double-decker bikes
Phoenix viewers - too busy extolling the virtues of dry heat

I lived in Seattle for three years. Not having the network on DirecTV is ridiculous. That means bars that show out of market NFL games have to also subscribe to Comcast to show Pac 12 games. And I don't understand why the Pac 12 doesn't partner with a broadcaster like the BTN did with Fox Sports. Broadcasters know how to run a network. Conferences do not.

The biggest difference for them is that they went on their own. The PAC 12 network is not affiliated or produced by fox or ESPN. Huge mistake. I think a combo of ego and greed have done them in. If you look at the Olympic sports, plus strong revenue sports, this should be a successful network.

I do agree that there is a lot to do out west and people don't sit and watch tv let alone sports as much as elsewhere, but there are opportunities to market this at the grass roots level to generate interest

How much longer are P-5 schools going to be able to keep milking the same cow until she goes dry? Wazzu is going to raise the amount ticketholders have to donate next year to help make up for the TV revenue they aren't getting from the PAC-12 network. I'm sorry, but a college football game in Pullman, Washington ain't that special. At some point these schools are going to simply run out of suckers willing to keep coughing up more and more money so the schools can build extravagant, multi-million dollar lounges for their football players. Man we've lost perspective...

Reactions: NUCats and TheC
I'd watch it if I had it but I too am with Direct TV

We had Directv for over 20 years and recently switched to Xfinity. Xfinity is finally good enough to be worth the switch and the package deal saves us some money. At least in the Seattle area they are good enough. I can't speak for elsewhere. The only drawback for a BIG fan is that they don't have the overflow channels in the fall. You can get them on the internet, though. I get the Pac12 channel by default, but rarely watch it. :)

When we first got Xfinity we got the internet only and we were assigned a personal concierge who told us to call him instead of customer service if we had a problem. They knew how bad their customer service was at the time. It has improved since then.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT