ADVERTISEMENT

Palindrome! 62-26 vs Binghamton

Man... I want to root for Benson, but he is just not athletic enough to make an impact in the BIG. He's now had his shot blocked twice by a guy half his size on the block.

Man.... Pardon better not get in foul trouble much this year.

Reactions: DaCat
His hands were horrible tonight. Bumblin' and fumblin' all over the place.

After that performance I have to question the remarks made in the Rap thread. Could Rap have been any worse than what we saw tonight? Yeah Benson runs okay but his court awareness, jumping ability, and hands left a lot to be desired.

His hands were horrible tonight. Bumblin' and fumblin' all over the place.

I remember my good point guard cutting me off once when I was trying to explain why a botched his pass and turned the ball over. I said, "I was thinking..." And Lonnie said, "this is basketball, if you're thinking the play is over. Play."

Watching Barrett I saw a guy trying to think through every play so that he didn't screw up so he wouldn't get the hook. You can't think in basketball.

Here's what I have to say. Reports this summer were that he and Pardon were the two hardest workers on the team. We saw what he could do end of last year. He's got to settle down and play. Nothing to lose young fella. I love his short to mid range shooting. Turn and shoot Barrett. Use the backboard. Or jump hooks. But don't think it through and then do it.

My post reads as critical. I really like BB. Like how he plays.

If I were the coach, he'd play more.

I remember my good point guard cutting me off once when I was trying to explain why a botched his pass and turned the ball over. I said, "I was thinking..." And Lonnie said, "this is basketball, if you're thinking the play is over. Play."

Watching Barrett I saw a guy trying to think through every play so that he didn't screw up so he wouldn't get the hook. You can't think in basketball.

Here's what I have to say. Reports this summer were that he and Pardon were the two hardest workers on the team. We saw what he could do end of last year. He's got to settle down and play. Nothing to lose young fella. I love his short to mid range shooting. Turn and shoot Barrett. Use the backboard. Or jump hooks. But don't think it through and then do it.
Benson is our most improved player. He was just gassed at the end

After that performance I have to question the remarks made in the Rap thread. Could Rap have been any worse than what we saw tonight? Yeah Benson runs okay but his court awareness, jumping ability, and hands left a lot to be desired.

Lol, he had a double-double. I'll take that "poor" peformance from my backup center every day of the week. Plus, we were running Nance and Benson on the floor in the second half, a rotation I'm guessing we won't see much and did not help Benson since they both clogged up the middle..

Lol, he had a double-double. I'll take that "poor" peformance from my backup center every day of the week. Plus, we were running Nance and Benson on the floor in the second half, a rotation I'm guessing we won't see much and did not help Benson since they both clogged up the middle..

You would have gone for 20 and 10 against that team

All these complaints for a dude who put up 12 and 14 on 6-9 shooting with 1 TO and 1 AST from the center position? Jeez.

If you judge solely from stats in a blowout win, you’d have the impression that he’s a great player. Film doesn’t lie. He gives good effort and does a nice job running the floor. Those are not “complaints.” He doesn’t get off the floor and finish well. He doesn’t catch the ball cleanly. Those aspects of play are just what he is, just like the good effort and hustle are part of him. If you think he’s starting 5 quality next year at this level of play, okay, but he needs to get stronger and work on his hands to mitigate the physical weaknesses.

The palindrome score occurred when Pardon made this amazing trick shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT