ADVERTISEMENT

Pinstripe Tailgating

Hail2Pitt2015

Feb 29, 2016
Hey fellas, first off really respect your program. This was the bowl game I was hoping for and I think its going to be a nice turnout for both fan bases. I asked this question on our forum but didn't get much feedback so thought I would throw it to you guys. Me and some buddies want to tailgate before the game but none of us are all that familiar with NYC and the areas so looking to see if any of you Chicago transplants have any insight. We looked into it and are planning on buying a pass to the Harlem River North lot which looks like it is good for tailgating and is only 25 bucks. Is anyone here thats attending the game have any plans for tailgating and if so mind sharing their plan or lot they plan on going to? Looking forward to the 28th and safe travels to all of you going to the game. Thanks

Hey fellas, first off really respect your program. This was the bowl game I was hoping for and I think its going to be a nice turnout for both fan bases. I asked this question on our forum but didn't get much feedback so thought I would throw it to you guys. Me and some buddies want to tailgate before the game but none of us are all that familiar with NYC and the areas so looking to see if any of you Chicago transplants have any insight. We looked into it and are planning on buying a pass to the Harlem River North lot which looks like it is good for tailgating and is only 25 bucks. Is anyone here thats attending the game have any plans for tailgating and if so mind sharing their plan or lot they plan on going to? Looking forward to the 28th and safe travels to all of you going to the game. Thanks
Given the traffic / driving / parking situation in NY and around Yankee Stadium, I think "tailgating" pregame will instead consist of just going to one of the many bars on the street right next to the stadium and grabbing a few overpriced beers there before wandering inside for yet further overpriced beers inside the stadium. All the various bars there are pretty interchangeable, I'm sure they'll be crowded pregame and quite fun.

I've never really considered trying to tailgate outside before a game at Yankee Stadium, normally love doing so before CFB games but it just doesn't make sense logistically given the location.

And thanks for the kind words, we are also looking forward to what should be a great game. Excited to match up against you guys, let's hope for a fun one and no injuries to either side. Go Cats!

I guess I will post this for anyone watching and interested. Just got off the phone with Yankee stadium. They recommended http://yankees.quikparkgarages.com/yankee-reservations/ . All these lots and garages can be prepaid and like I mentioned in the original post recommended North Harlem River lot for 25 bucks. Lot opens 5 hours before the game and closes 2 hours after. For the money you save by bringing food and beer I don't think you can beat it. We plan on going there. Hope this info helps anyone that was looking to tailgate. They did however say no open flames including grills so all food must be preprepared.

Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT