ADVERTISEMENT

Purple turnout in Brooklyn

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
Anecdotally, I know a lot of people going to the game on Friday, and we have a pretty big NY/northeast fan base overall. I think we will have a very solid turnout! If I had to guess, it’ll be smaller than the epic turnout of Salt Lake, but could be on par with Sacramento (which was strong), or even better.

If we can get past FAU, we will need every voice we can muster in the next game…but first thing’s first.

Anecdotally, I know a lot of people going to the game on Friday, and we have a pretty big NY/northeast fan base overall. I think we will have a very solid turnout! If I had to guess, it’ll be smaller than the epic turnout of Salt Lake, but could be on par with Sacramento (which was strong), or even better.

If we can get past FAU, we will need every voice we can muster in the next game…but first thing’s first.
It’s going to be big.

It’s going to be big.
Season 10 Finale GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Reactions: TheC
No NU fans on today’s flight from Chicago -> LaGuardia but I know several people who are coming in tomorrow and Friday AM so fingers crossed we have a strong crowd. I assume we will.

I’m not talking about Sunday. I will see you there on Friday. Let’s go 1-0.

But anecdotally, yes, I think we will have a solid turnout. Let’s extend Boo’s NU career as long as we can.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
No NU fans on today’s flight from Chicago -> LaGuardia but I know several people who are coming in tomorrow and Friday AM so fingers crossed we have a strong crowd. I assume we will.
Given how expensive NYC hotels and AirBNBs can be on short notice, I bet a lot of fans are flying in and out the same day.

I’ve done it before - it’s only a 2 hour flight. Of course, you run the risk of a flight being delayed and missing the game. But it’s pretty easy to do.

Plenty of decent hotels in Brooklyn Itself in the 200 - 225 range per night if you look at booking.com

You can get a decent hotel in NY if you agree to not stay in Manhattan. Just take a cab or uber if you want to go out in the evening.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
I am just killing time before the games today so I googled NY Hotels, found this Four Points by Sheraton (now owned by Hilton) downtown by the Freedom Tower for 121 a night. Plenty of trains to Barclays from there or a cab or uber for some extra comfort will only cost you a few bucks. If you are in good shape you could walk it, it's less than three miles away across the Brooklyn Bridge according to google maps.

It probably won't be the most comfortable place you have stayed, it's not the Waldorf Astoria, but are you coming for the games and to see something or to stay in your room? Check out the rooftop bar if it is open (might not be - very cold today in NY, even some mention of snow at night).

Last edited:
I am just killing time before the games today so I googled NY Hotels, found this Four Points by Sheraton (now owned by Hilton) downtown by the Freedom Tower for 121 a night. Plenty of trains to Barclays from there or a cab or uber for some extra comfort will only cost you a few bucks. If you are in good shape you could walk it, it's less than three miles away across the Brooklyn Bridge according to google maps.

It probably won't be the most comfortable place you have stayed, it's not the Waldorf Astoria, but are you coming for the games and to see something or to stay in your room? Check out the rooftop bar if it is open (might not be - very cold today in NY, even some mention of snow at night).

Just don’t drink the coffee lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT