ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Forums

lunker35

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
Their fans are delusional. They think they're on the same level as OSU or Bama. While they did have some huge wins this year, our talent is on par or better than theirs. Our issue was clearly the preparation and coaching. It's going to be a tough matchup, but we have the talent to play with anyone. They're ranked 23rd and think they're untouchable and we've been a bottom dweller for decades. I guess they missed the 10 wins last year and our ranking for the vast majority of the season. I look forward to The Franchise and company shoving it down their throats all game.

Their fans are delusional. They think they're on the same level as OSU or Bama. While they did have some huge wins this year, our talent is on par or better than theirs. Our issue was clearly the preparation and coaching. It's going to be a tough matchup, but we have the talent to play with anyone. They're ranked 23rd and think they're untouchable and we've been a bottom dweller for decades. I guess they missed the 10 wins last year and our ranking for the vast majority of the season. I look forward to The Franchise and company shoving it down their throats all game.

You have taken delusional to a new level. Pitt fans everywhere are jealous.

Reactions: lunker35
Any team that beats Clemson and PSU has my respect. Who cares what Pitt fans think of NU? I just hope we can avoid another ridiculous online pissing match like last year when:
1) Some nerdy guy whined about NU fans being mean to him
2) Kevin Trahan made a sophomoric video that led to his girlfriend getting harassed by Vol fans
3) Some UT fan claimed he saw a Wildcat fan defecate in the coffee machine at his hotel room, as well as on his windshield

yes, our fans are delusional. But, we know our talent isn't on a par with top 10 teams, let alone 'Bama or OSU. Where you believe your problem is coaching, we know ours is a talent gap. We're filled with 3 star talent and a handful of 4 stars. But, a great coach can do a lot more with a bunch of 3 stars than a so-so coach can with a 4 and 5 star laden squad.

Where we Pitt fans are delusional is believing the rest of the world owes us respect because of a handful of great teams circa 1976-1982. The sanest among us realize we "ain't done squat" for most of the last 30 years and we're not going to get the desired level of respect unless and until we make a splash on the national scene for a few years in a row. We're not there yet. But we believe we finally have an administration in place which is willing to invest in what's needed to make that splash, and we believe we finally have a coaching staff in place who can take us there.

From what I've seen so far, most of us are very happy to play a game against a great university like NW, from what is widely believed to be the toughest conference this 2016 season.

Any team that beats Clemson and PSU has my respect. Who cares what Pitt fans think of NU? I just hope we can avoid another ridiculous online pissing match like last year when:
2) Kevin Trahan made a sophomoric video that led to his girlfriend getting harassed by Vol fans
3) Some UT fan claimed he saw a Wildcat fan defecate in the coffee machine at his hotel room, as well as on his windshield

I'm just hoping that some Pitt fan apologizes for beating us on the 28th...........

yes, our fans are delusional. But, we know our talent isn't on a par with top 10 teams, let alone 'Bama or OSU. Where you believe your problem is coaching, we know ours is a talent gap. We're filled with 3 star talent and a handful of 4 stars. But, a great coach can do a lot more with a bunch of 3 stars than a so-so coach can with a 4 and 5 star laden squad.

Where we Pitt fans are delusional is believing the rest of the world owes us respect because of a handful of great teams circa 1976-1982. The sanest among us realize we "ain't done squat" for most of the last 30 years and we're not going to get the desired level of respect unless and until we make a splash on the national scene for a few years in a row. We're not there yet. But we believe we finally have an administration in place which is willing to invest in what's needed to make that splash, and we believe we finally have a coaching staff in place who can take us there.

From what I've seen so far, most of us are very happy to play a game against a great university like NW, from what is widely believed to be the toughest conference this 2016 season.

If you keep making reasonable posts like that some people are not going to know how to take it.

This is our board. How dare you be so polite..... No, that doesn't work.

Pitt deserves a lot of respect. They beat two teams in the Top 5. Not too many teams can say that. They are staggering good at times. Let's hope we catch them off-guard a bit.
To harken to the OP's point, I am of the opinion that Pitt is a lot closer to OSU or Bama's level than to Northwestern's level.

I think Narduzzi is a great head coach. I know he's a great DC, which doesn't always translate. But I think he's probably a great head coach too.

I loved the thing at MSU where Narduzzi would leave the booth and come to the sideline for the fourth quarter. Needed to be down there to officiate the guys. Love that.

Yea, that business about watching people poop on stuff really perplexed me. But then again, y'all just never know what qualifies as entertainment for some folk.

What a waste of a perfectly good hotel coffee machine. Shame.

In no way does the PITT fan base believe this team operates at the level of Ohio State or Alabama; let alone 10-15 other teams that PITT is currently looking up at in the rankings. What we do know is the team has found its footing offensively while having some issues on defense.

Currently, PITT's defense (mainly the secondary) is where there have been significant issues which have resulted in at least 2 or 3 of the 4 losses this season. If Northwestern is able to exploit the secondary, which will take some effort against a PITT DL who loves to create pressure on the QB, this could be a long day for PITT.

This should be a very entertaining game, with the final score likely more in line with what you would expect for a basketball game rather than a football game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT