ADVERTISEMENT

Playing a National Champ next season

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
Penix is relentless. Looks like we will be playing a defending national champion one way or another next season...

Last edited:
Penix is relentless. Looks like we will be playing a defending national champion one way or another next season...

While true, those teams will look VERY different than they do today.

Washington could well re-load in the portal (QB Will Rogers from Mississippi State has a ton of experience albeit none outside of a Leach-style Air Raid, WR Jeremiah Hunter from Cal is amongst the better WR transfers out there, etc.) but it’s not a matter of just rolling it back. Washington is likely to lose its QB (Penix), WR1 (Odunze), TE1 (Westover), TE2 (Culp), and LT (Fautanu) plus could lose any of their RB (Johnson), WR2 (Polk), WR3 (McMillan), plus a whole lot off their defense.

Michigan wold also look very different without QB McCarthy, RB Corum, RG Zinter, LG Trevor Keenan, C Drake Nugent, etc.

They’ll both be very good, don’t get me wrong about that, but just perhaps not the dominant national championship contenders they are this season.

Last edited:

Washington could well re-load in the portal (QB Will Rogers from Mississippi State has a ton of experience albeit none outside of a Leach-style Air Raid, WR Jeremiah Hunter from Cal is amongst the better WR transfers out there, etc.) but it’s not a matter of just rolling it back. Washington is likely to lose its QB (Penix), WR1 (Odunze), TE1 (Westover), TE2 (Culp), and LT (Fautanu) plus could lose any of their RB (Johnson), WR2 (Polk), WR3 (McMillan), plus a whole lot off their defense.

Michigan will also look very different without QB McCarthy, RB Corum, RG Zinter, LG Trevor Keenan, C Drake Nugent, etc.

They’ll both be very good, don’t get me wrong about that, but just perhaps not the dominant national championship contenders they are this season.
You think McCarthy will move on? I did not think that the pros viewed him as highly

Reactions: drewjin
You think McCarthy will move on? I did not think that the pros viewed him as highly

Poor writing… should have “would” look… don’t know about McCarthy jumping, but it’s definitely possible.

Too bad Michigan picked up Priebe to plug in at LG.

Michigan wold also look very different without QB McCarthy, RB Corum, RG Zinter, LG Trevor Keenan, C Drake Nugent, etc.

Quite true. I was writing this late in the Sugar Bowl before Washington won. And given the state of things, there's no way to tell what next year's teams would look like, but they would be the incumbents with the hardware, nonetheless. And we get them both on the road.

I see Michigan beating Washington, which sets up an opening game between us and the defending runner-ups in college football, which could go eerily like a similar situation this season where a pesky Colorado team upset the defending runner-ups to open the season.

I see Michigan beating Washington, which sets up an opening game between us and the defending runner-ups in college football, which could go eerily like a similar situation this season where a pesky Colorado team upset the defending runner-ups to open the season.
I believe Washington will actually be our fourth overall game of 2024 and first B1G game. We open the season against MOH followed by Duke.

I believe Washington will actually be our fourth overall game of 2024 and first B1G game. We open the season against MOH followed by Duke.
Well….. crap. It sounded good for a minute.

I've never been to Seattle before and was thinking this would be a good reason to go, but I'm also a realist (pessimist) and I don't want to make the trip just to see us get slaughtered. Can anyone who got in the weeds on scheduling realistically say the next time we'd be back out there for an away game?

Reactions: rmndcat
I've never been to Seattle before and was thinking this would be a good reason to go, but I'm also a realist (pessimist) and I don't want to make the trip just to see us get slaughtered. Can anyone who got in the weeds on scheduling realistically say the next time we'd be back out there for an away game?
Our friends at HtP have NU at UW (the purple ones) in 2028:
http://hailtopurple.com/cde/futurescheds.html

Cheer on the Cats to pull off the huge upset in Seattle next year.

Oh yeah... you can get plenty of weed in Seattle. Wait... is that what you asked?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT