ADVERTISEMENT

Porter

With some of the o-line guys developing the Cats might be able to get a run game going next season. Hope Tyus is as good as advertised so we have depth in the RB room.

Reactions: rmndcat
I loved his blocking as well. A really good find late in the season and one of the big reasons I’m already excited for fall.

Reactions: zbag51 and rmndcat
Well, we cannot expect him to tote the rock 20-25 times a game. Not with his style. Tyus has a great opportunity coming in. I hope we can add another back in the class, and a transfer.

Porter was taking some punishment so, yes, definitely need a second back plus depth.

Reactions: rmndcat and RevCat
Porter was taking some punishment so, yes, definitely need a second back plus depth.

I think/hope he will learn the JJTBC method of taking less punishing hits. There was one run today where he dove forward just in time to avoid any contact. More of that in the future, I hope.

Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
Well, we cannot expect him to tote the rock 20-25 times a game. Not with his style. Tyus has a great opportunity coming in. I hope we can add another back in the class, and a transfer.

Sure you can. Kid is pretty physically mature already.

Reactions: Rebel_
I think/hope he will learn the JJTBC method of taking less punishing hits. There was one run today where he dove forward just in time to avoid any contact. More of that in the future, I hope.

I hope not. He brings a physicality we haven’t seen for a very long time.

Reactions: Rebel_
And that’s fine when necessary, but I’d still prefer he avoids unnecessary blows.
Yes, this was a key talent of JJTBC that allowed him to play 4 years without injury despite an instance number of carries. Knowing how to push forward without seeking a head on collision. There are times where it’s necessary, like trying to convert a 3rd down. But other times it’s not worth a huge collision just to get an extra yard.

I agree Tyus should see some good opportunity to get some carries next year as we will want to spell Porter at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT