ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread NU @ Wisc

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
It's Wednesday...time to prognosticate...

My head:

NU 17
Wisc 35

My Heart:
NU 27
Wisc 25

After watching our first three games and seeing most of Wisconsin's, IMO we have our hands full.
Wisconsin 45
NU 10

Wisconsin 31
Cats 13

Hope I totally miss this call, but based on what I have seen so far of both teams, I may be overly generous to the Cats.

Northwestern 24
Wisconsin 27

Throw out the records, rankings or even the venue. This rivalry has been about as even as it gets since 2000. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if the Wildcats win a tough battle this Saturday in Madison.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noah121
Start of a five game losing streak

Presuming you are not trolling are you willing to wager screen names on your prediction? You do know we are playing both Maryland and Michigan State in those 5 games, correct?

Do hate our outlook in this particular game, though; Wisky seems like the real deal and a BCS playoff contender. Hope I am incorrect, obviously!

Them 35
Us 13

I think that the book of Thorson needs to get a critical chapter written this Saturday, or it may never be published. Our D will struggle to stop Wisconsin's traditional attack. We start out on that side of the ball getting rolled, but settle in during the second half when or depth on the D line pays off. Thorson will need to keep us in the game for a chance at the late game victory. Badgers will choose to take away our running game and force us to beat them passing, following the Ped State defensive game plan from last season. Going to have to win some 1-1 matchups outside. Which WRs step up and make the plays? I think BSkow continues to establish himself, and Dickerson is big again, risking the big guy out in routes in 2-count patterns. Thorson will need to read Badgers quickly and correctly and get the ball out fast.

The good news... I actually think Thorson is ready. Badgers adjust D at halftime which opens up our running game in 2nd half and we pull momentum away from the Badgers in the 4th quarter for a comeback win on the road.

Don't give up when we're down 10 or so in the first quarter. A late TD in the first half by the Cats with CT throwing it all over the field starts the momentum shift.

NU - 3 / 10 / 7 / 14 : 34
UW - 10 / 7 / 7 / 6 : 30

Reactions: rmndcat
My heart says NU 33 UW 30 in 2 OT.

My brain says Wisc in a blowout, 52-0. We used up about a decade of good luck in our last visit to Camp Randall, and payback can be a bitch.

No other vital organs as of yet have opined.

Think 52-0 is a bit harsh, given the fact that Wisky has not been able to even put that kind of beating on their first three opponents, none of whom are ranked higher than #77 in Sagarin (we're at #41)

NU's defense will win this one as the Wildcats strip and intercept for the victory.

Badgered -17

Wildercats - 20

Reactions: Noah121
4 Wisconsin turnovers create 20 NU points.

NU wins 30-24 despite UW winning all other statistical categories except for punting. Go Hunter!

Reactions: Fitz51 and Noah121
Presuming you are not trolling are you willing to wager screen names on your prediction? You do know we are playing both Maryland and Michigan State in those 5 games, correct?

Do hate our outlook in this particular game, though; Wisky seems like the real deal and a BCS playoff contender. Hope I am incorrect, obviously!

Them 35
Us 13
Not trolling ,quit betting on football a long time ago, I realize who the opponents are , I think Wisconsin and Penn State put up +40 against the Wildcats after going through those two games a physically tested and strained defense goes to Maryland who from what I seen have seen exhibit enough speed to get around the ends I know they lost their Quarterback but for many programs that isn't mortal wound, Iowa has the line play to control the game, Michigan State played Bowling Green and won , in their loss to a ranked opponent did not look nearly as outmanned or under coached as the Wildcats against Duke. I hope I'm wrong as always will be in my seats for the rest of the season.

I've seen enough from this defense the last couple of years to believe they can give us a chance, even with the depleted secondary.

I just haven't seen enough from this offense to think they can score enough to win a game like this.

On size and talent alone, I think we get throttled and don't sniff 20 unless I'm wrong about the defense and Wisconsin scores so much they don't care of we get a couple of garbage touchdowns in the 4th quarter as long as the clock keeps running...

The only way I see us winning is coaching and luck. If McCall can spot a couple things in the Wisconsin D that he can exploit and we get a few big, well timed breaks. That's what I see.

I see one of those games that looks like it's over at the end of the first quarter that maybe gets close as Wisconsin lightens up and we claw back like we always do after coming out flat, and then maybe, just maybe, a combination of coaching and luck gives us a puncher's chance in the 4th quarter. If we can get there, I like our chances because we do well in those situations. But I thing we need about 4 or 5 dominos of coaching and luck and a great play or 3 to fall in a row first and then maybe we have a chance.

31-13 Wisconsin without any dominos.

27-21 Wisconsin with a few dominos

27-24 Cats in OT with 5 or more dominos.

Can't wait for this very interesting game, during which Wisconsin will either position itself as a a contender for a playoff spot or will be exposed as being overrated, we will see Saturday!
My heart tells me Badgers by 14-17, my head tells me I really have no clue what this team is yet.
Cats are always tough on the Badgers but home court is big and the Bye helped us get healthier on the OL.
Badgers 31 - Cats 20

Reactions: nickcat4
I'll add another prediction: If NU is losing by several scores in the first half, we'll see game thread posts talking about how the team is unprepared and lacking "energy."

Reactions: mikewebb68
I hate this pick, but I really think we're going to get destroyed 66-3. Unless something changed in the bye week. Our lines are going to get manhandled.

Our defense can handle Wisconsin's offense unless they are asked to play 40+ minutes. The key to the game rests with our offense line and entire offensive unit to control the time of possession, play turnover free ball and be able to put up at least 20 points on the badgers. I am not sure what to expect given what we have seen from our team so far this year. I hope they used the bye week wisely. A win on Saturday could propel our whole season.

Reactions: ubercat
Our defense can handle Wisconsin's offense unless they are asked to play 40+ minutes. The key to the game rests with our offense line and entire offensive unit to control the time of possession, play turnover free ball and be able to put up at least 20 points on the badgers. I am not sure what to expect given what we have seen from our team so far this year. I hope they used the bye week wisely. A win on Saturday could propel our whole season.

You and I see it about the same. We need to create at least occasional holes for JJTBC, control the ball, and sneak in a few big play here and there. This needs to be a short, clean game if we're going to have a chance. If this goes over 3 hours, we're in trouble.

Oh, come on. They're a 14+ point home favorite. This game is supposed to be easy pickings for Wisconsin.
I thought the same thing 17 years ago, and was totally depressed before and during the game. Until we won.

Expect the next 2 weeks to be ugly, but would be delighted to eat humble pie after either game.
Go 'Cats! Prove me wrong with a win!

I thought the same thing 17 years ago, and was totally depressed before and during the game. Until we won.
I was talking about Wisconsin at Camp Randall 17 years ago, and we were supposed to be easy pickin's then. How many times has this been said?--depends on which NU team comes to play. If we try to go up the middle all day long to open up the passing game--that will be the wrong team come to play.

Last edited:
I was talking about Wisconsin at Camp Randall 17 years ago, and we were supposed to be easy pickin's then. How many times has this been said?--depends on which NU team comes to play. If we try to go up the middle all day long to open up the passing game--that will be the wrong team come to play.

I would like to see CT run some to prevent the all on assault of the O Line. Also, can we get Long in there for a blitz or two. He is potentially a weapon in this role. We need everything and more clicking on Sat.

Reactions: stpaulcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT