ADVERTISEMENT

Prepare to be Annoyed - "The Comeback" Top 50

GlideCat

Jan 19, 2013
The Comeback is a sports website with which I was previously unfamiliar. They are posting a Top 50 countdown of college football. They have posted 4 through 50. NU is not listed.

http://thecomeback.com/tag/2017-cfb-top-50

Other B1G teams are as follows:

7 PSU
10 Wisconsin
17 Michigan
36 Nebraska
41 Iowa
42 Minnesota
43 Michigan State

I am not foreseeing NU being in the top 3. Especially given that OSU, Alabama, and Florida State are not yet listed.

They gave each team a pretty good write-up and I was looking forward to seeing their take on the Cats. I expected us in the 40's.

Grumble grumble grumble

The Comeback is a sports website with which I was previously unfamiliar. They are posting a Top 50 countdown of college football. They have posted 4 through 50. NU is not listed.

http://thecomeback.com/tag/2017-cfb-top-50

Other B1G teams are as follows:

7 PSU
10 Wisconsin
17 Michigan
36 Nebraska
41 Iowa
42 Minnesota
43 Michigan State

I am not foreseeing NU being in the top 3. Especially given that OSU, Alabama, and Florida State are not yet listed.

They gave each team a pretty good write-up and I was looking forward to seeing their take on the Cats. I expected us in the 40's.

Grumble grumble grumble

At least, they might have us ahead of Illinois and Purdue.

NU was 7-6 last season. Not exactly a prime time performance. Yes, they got hot at the end of the year, but the first third of the season was below average. If you are putting together meaningless lists NU doesn't really hit your radar screen.

NU was 7-6 last season. Not exactly a prime time performance. Yes, they got hot at the end of the year, but the first third of the season was below average. If you are putting together meaningless lists NU doesn't really hit your radar screen.
We obviously also have trouble on the offensive line which is just now being addressed with just two weeks to go before the season starts. I bet Nevada knows who on the starting OL.

As fans, we have a tendency to react in extremes. The majority of fans on this board expect big things this year. The pre-season polls and most pundits don't see us as winning the B1G or even the West. I know there are a few on BTN that have NU as a dark horse or even winning the West, but they are the minority.

We also have been very worried as a group on our O line potential. If history tells us anything, we probably are overly enthusiastic compared to the national media about our title chances and overly pessimistic about the O Line.

Reactions: LansingCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT