ADVERTISEMENT

Random: Dave Wannstedt Wearing NU Swag in WGN-TV Story

FrancisSearle75

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Lincoln Park
The WGN story is well worth watching to see the warmer side of Wanny -- although it seems like he's not treating those 11-year-olds much differently than he treated the pros and the college kids. By the way, that's my kids' school -- St. Francis Xavier in Wilmette. Funny story: my daughter is a 7th grader there. She came home the other day and said her basketball team got a new coach, a really tall guy, and she was really learning a lot from him. A guy by the name of Bill Wennington. She had never heard of him, of course, although she had heard of his former teammate, Michael Jordan. Quite a collection of ex-Chicago sports celebrities up there...

The WGN story is well worth watching to see the warmer side of Wanny -- although it seems like he's not treating those 11-year-olds much differently than he treated the pros and the college kids. By the way, that's my kids' school -- St. Francis Xavier in Wilmette. Funny story: my daughter is a 7th grader there. She came home the other day and said her basketball team got a new coach, a really tall guy, and she was really learning a lot from him. A guy by the name of Bill Wennington. She had never heard of him, of course, although she had heard of his former teammate, Michael Jordan. Quite a collection of ex-Chicago sports celebrities up there...
Yup, his daughter and son in law live close to me in Wilmette and I've seen him cutting their lawn during the summer and just hanging out in the neighborhood. A very nice guy. Does a nice job on the lawn too.

Yup, his daughter and son in law live close to me in Wilmette and I've seen him cutting their lawn during the summer and just hanging out in the neighborhood. A very nice guy. Does a nice job on the lawn too.
Shortly after his Bears stint he became a regular at a Barnes & Noble I managed. Seemed like a heavy reader - I also found him to be a very nice guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT