ADVERTISEMENT

Reality Check...

Sheffielder

Gold Member
Sep 1, 2004
I was just perusing the CFB Subreddit, which I truly believe is the best destination on the internet for any college football fan, and it was a sobering reminder of how good I/we have it as Northwestern fans...a brief summary topics:
  • DJ Durkin reinstated at Maryland, some players walk out at meeting where the decision is announced.
  • "Bill Snyder and Kansas State might be very close to an awkward ending" ... you know, because he's having one bad season.
  • "Rutgers football player charged in attempted double murder plot"
  • "Mistakes, punches, quitting: A difficult year for Seminoles."
  • A whole thread on what OSU students think of Urban Meyer, which generally concludes, "it depends on if he's winning."
No matter how bad our offense is, how many picks Thorson throws, or how many times the line collapses, we're pretty much never confronted by the seedy underbelly of big-time college athletics, and that's due to Fitz and the coaches...and for that I will be forever grateful.

I was just perusing the CFB Subreddit, which I truly believe is the best destination on the internet for any college football fan, and it was a sobering reminder of how good I/we have it as Northwestern fans...a brief summary topics:
  • DJ Durkin reinstated at Maryland, some players walk out at meeting where the decision is announced.
  • "Bill Snyder and Kansas State might be very close to an awkward ending" ... you know, because he's having one bad season.
  • "Rutgers football player charged in attempted double murder plot"
  • "Mistakes, punches, quitting: A difficult year for Seminoles."
  • A whole thread on what OSU students think of Urban Meyer, which generally concludes, "it depends on if he's winning."
No matter how bad our offense is, how many picks Thorson throws, or how many times the line collapses, we're pretty much never confronted by the seedy underbelly of big-time college athletics, and that's due to Fitz and the coaches...and for that I will be forever grateful.

DJ Durkin reinstated? I thought he would never coach again. Wow, they will have a mutiny on their hands. That program is done for. What parent will send their kid to play for Maryland with him as the Head Coach?

DJ Durkin reinstated? I thought he would never coach again. Wow, they will have a mutiny on their hands. That program is done for. What parent will send their kid to play for Maryland with him as the Head Coach?
Likely they found that they did not have grounds to terminate him. THat does not mean that they will not come up with some kind of buyout to get rid of him. It just means they cannot claim they got rid of him for cause. It is going to cost them.

Likely they found that they did not have grounds to terminate him. THat does not mean that they will not come up with some kind of buyout to get rid of him. It just means they cannot claim they got rid of him for cause. It is going to cost them.

It's much worse than that. The UMD Board of Regents actively wanted to keep DJ Durkin and basically told President Loh that he would fired if he tried to get rid of DJ Durkin (because the board has no direct control over the AD/coaches; the board only can fire Loh).

So Loh announced his retirement as of next year and Durkin is running his own show...

Board pinned the blame on Court and supported Durkin the whole way. Stunner.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT