ADVERTISEMENT

RIP. Pumped for next year!

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
We played hard but we just cant make shots. A lot of movement circling the floor but nobody cutting to the rim. Brown is totally uncomfortable and playing ridiculously tight, he isn't doing what he does and is playing in a daze. Any YMCA gym has guards who can know an offense better, even if it's drawn up in a huddle. Great player, Brown, but just hesitant, unsure and in a wasteland right now. Not sure how he melted but he was awful yesterday and if Charlie was suted up, I would have put him in.

At any rate, I could say the same about most of our players being lost out there but it was just disappointing that Brown looked like he didn't ever attend one single NU practice ever. He might have done better if he just came in from the stands.

And we didn't lose because BMac was out. We been stinking real bad all year. Looks like last year was the exception, and God only knows how we played so good last year but are completely awful this year. As Fitz says, FLUSH IT. RIP guys, this is going to be a long year. Start playing the bench a lot more to prepare for next year. Not trying to be negative, just the reality. I'm really pumped for the new arena. AS sucks real bad but oh well.

Go Cats!

Face it. This season is essentially over for NU basketball. There will be no postseason for us this year. Will be lucky to have a .500 record or better this year. :( Looking forward to seeing what the new recruits can do next year.

Meh, get back to me after we've lost ten conference games. Until that point, the team can recover from what has been a terrible start to the season.

Meh, get back to me after we've lost ten conference games. Until that point, the team can recover from what has been a terrible start to the season.
I hope you are right! Is PSU bball any good this year? I saw them on BTN last nite getting evaluated by one of their alums. Not sure if we match up well against them? Maybe a change in scenery away from AA will help us get back on track??

I hope you are right! Is PSU bball any good this year? I saw them on BTN last nite getting evaluated by one of their alums. Not sure if we match up well against them? Maybe a change in scenery away from AA will help us get back on track??

Going to the only arena more soulless than Allstate ...

Face it. This season is essentially over for NU basketball. There will be no postseason for us this year. Will be lucky to have a .500 record or better this year. :( Looking forward to seeing what the new recruits can do next year.
wow, you gotta helluva lot more hope than I do and I applaud you. Maybe I'm too negative but it's hard for me to see us winning 3 more games. If we make the NIT that will be solid. I've had this feeling before during most BIG seasons just hoping for 6 or 7 wins in the BIG. Man, I just don't see it this year. Awful team ball. And we aren't fooling anyone with everyone circling around on offense but nobody who cuts to the rim.

Away at PSU, 11 and 5, with a loss to Rider.
Home vs. Minnesota, 13 and 3, looks good with a couple of questionable hiccups.
Then away at Indiana, 8 and 7, looks schizoid.
These all seem like potentially winnable games, though not easy based on our play so far, but a lot of it will hang on BMac's return - when and in what shape.

The way this year is shaping up seems a lot more about whether we show up to play than it is about how good is the opposition. If we play like we did against Nebbie, we've got maybe 2 more wins ahead of us. If we play like we did against Creighton, we should be able to win at least 6, maybe 7 more. Which will be a letdown, but not a catastrophe. I assumed playing away from home all season would cost us some games anyhow.

wow, you gotta helluva lot more hope than I do and I applaud you. Maybe I'm too negative but it's hard for me to see us winning 3 more games. If we make the NIT that will be solid. I've had this feeling before during most BIG seasons just hoping for 6 or 7 wins in the BIG. Man, I just don't see it this year. Awful team ball. And we aren't fooling anyone with everyone circling around on offense but nobody who cuts to the rim.

I will happily wager screennames with you that we will win more than 3 more games. Do you even college basketball? QTC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT