ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore

FloridAlum

May 29, 2001
Set the all-time Purdue all purpose yardage record in his first game as a true freshman. Not bad. The previous record was set by Otis Armstrong in 1972. He was 10 yards short of tying the record in the first half. I believe he only had about 11 all purpose yards in the second half, but enough to break the record by one.

Set the all-time Purdue all purpose yardage record in his first game as a true freshman. Not bad. The previous record was set by Otis Armstrong in 1972. He was 10 yards short of tying the record in the first half. I believe he only had about 11 all purpose yards in the second half, but enough to break the record by one.

Brohm's bringing talent to W. Lafayette.

I'd like to see some Top 100 talent start coming to Evanston as well.

Watching the Black and Gold Purdue feature on BTN it came as no surprise that Moore would have a great day with either of the two quarterbacks. He catches well and runs like a rabbit.

Brohm's bringing talent to W. Lafayette.

I'd like to see some Top 100 talent start coming to Evanston as well.
Yep, the next couple of years that Purdue team will start to really be loaded up on talent. Their main questionmark is how long they can keep Brohm.

He's clearly an ace recruiter, and if he stays another 2-3 years they could place themselves solidly in the top half of the division.

But if they have another winning season/bowl win; you'll have a lot of top programs come after him with far bigger paychecks than Purdue can offer.

If there was a better example of "speed kills", I can't think of one

I felt sorry for Williams as he was subjected to as good a "sidestep" as you will ever see

Star rankings do have some merit

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
for one thing I'm quite surprised that is the all time AP yardage record at Purdue, didn't seem all that high at 313 total yards as in college there are the occasional 300 yard rushing games or receiving games not even counting kick returns. I figured they would've had one game where somebody had 200+ kick return yards and then had a decent game running or receiving.

On a separate note, though, barring injury I would pencil this kid in to lead the Big Ten in AP yardage this year. He's clearly the only real playmaker on the Purdue offense and Brohm's system will probably give him 10-15 chances a game on offense for catches or runs. Then throw in being the primary KO return man with a crappy defense and he'll probably get 4+ kick returns and 100+ return yards per game this season.

Teams with elite CB play will probably be able to limit his receiving numbers, but if you are blowing Purdue out you just end up kicking to him more often so he's probably getting his yards one way or the other against almost everybody.

Reactions: rmndcat
Why/how was Moore shut down in the second half? It seems to me that Purdue went away from him a bit, which would be mind boggling, although his reception totals, which were high (but I didn't see totaled by half,) don't support this. I saw where Nate Hall was shadowing him and it looked like the freshman CB, Newsome, was put on him.

Why/how was Moore shut down in the second half? It seems to me that Purdue went away from him a bit, which would be mind boggling, although his reception totals, which were high (but I didn't see totaled by half,) don't support this. I saw where Nate Hall was shadowing him and it looked like the freshman CB, Newsome, was put on him.

Because with Blough in the game we were not as concerned about Moore as a vertical threat. It did open up running lanes for them because we had to respect Blough's running abilities but it compressed the field because our safeties and linebackers did not have to be as concerned about getting depth on their drops.

Reactions: TejasCat
Epicbret, right. Montre Hartage looked fantastic all night and was a real difference maker.

I think once he got NU's attention there were some adjustments made and they used him a little more as a decoy also the QB change reduced his receiving threat a little. He has a ton of talent though but might also still be learning the playbook.

Got grades and SAT's, sure? We're competing with Stanford, Duke, the Ivies to certain extent, et.al, aren't we?

I'll be happy if we can get the same amount of 4 and 5 stars that Stanford gets, and what we used to get under Barnett. You know, the classes that won our last B1G title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT