ADVERTISEMENT

Rough weather for boat rowers

tumblr_n70o2pxFDQ1rrt8cno1_400.gif

Minny wasn't ready for bad weather. Boat froze in the river.
Wussies.

They should've paid attention last year to how real champions handle cold nasty weather. As I recall, our team warmed up pre-game shirtless in defiance of the cold in Minnesota, then proceeded to kick their boat-rowing asses.

Can’t believe so much hype about the Gophs. They almost lost all 3 of their cupcake OOC games and really should have lost one of them. Then they got to play the lower half of the conference except Rutgers. They had one good game against PSU and dropped their two most important games Iowa and Wisky. Kind of like our 2015. Even if they’d beat Bucky it would not have been like our 1995 when we opened with ND and beat Mich, PSU Wisky and Iowa.

Can’t believe so much hype about the Gophs. They almost lost all 3 of their cupcake OOC games and really should have lost one of them. Then they got to play the lower half of the conference except Rutgers. They had one good game against PSU and dropped their two most important games Iowa and Wisky. Kind of like our 2015. Even if they’d beat Bucky it would not have been like our 1995 when we opened with ND and beat Mich, PSU Wisky and Iowa.
Fleckster is a media fave

I know he isn't a favorite here but Fleck has laid a solid foundation. Minnie is a lot better and played some good ball. Wisconsin is a little more difficult to figure. One day world beaters. The next day not so much.

I know he isn't a favorite here but Fleck has laid a solid foundation. Minnie is a lot better and played some good ball. Wisconsin is a little more difficult to figure. One day world beaters. The next day not so much.
To correct myself, they actually did play Rutgers this year so it’s even worse. With their schedule instead of our front loaded one, we probably could’ve gone 6-2 in those first 8 even with our dumpster fire of injuries. They had one good win this year (PSU) barept escaped the cupcake OOC with 2 OT wins and beat up on Rugter, Maryland, Illini, and depleted Nebby and Purdue squads before getting a real test. And they got to play our worst team in 20 years. No doubt they upgraded their talent significantly on offense and are a better team although not a level above the best Mason or Kill teams. Again, probably akin to our 2015 team which won 10 but got dominated by Iowa and Michigan. We’ll see what they do next year losing the majority of their defensive playmakers as well as Tyler Johnson, Brooks and Smith on offense.

Reactions: Noah121
If rough weather is 10 wins with a chance for 11, then give me some of that weather please.

Reactions: nugnrfan82
Tanner Morgan is much better than I thought he was last year. Good decision maker, but he had the luxury of two all-BIG receivers. Will be interesting to see how they fare in a likely bowl game against an SEC power (Citrus vs. Auburn, Florida?)

OK, one more.

I'll take credit for the filming, but the Youtube posting and added effects are my son's:

If rough weather is 10 wins with a chance for 11, then give me some of that weather please.
Would you rather have their season this year (lots of hype, but losing to your main rivals and making it to Indy) or one like ours last year (bad losses but sweeping the big ten and playing in Indy)?

To correct myself, they actually did play Rutgers this year so it’s even worse. With their schedule instead of our front loaded one, we probably could’ve gone 6-2 in those first 8 even with our dumpster fire of injuries. They had one good win this year (PSU) barept escaped the cupcake OOC with 2 OT wins and beat up on Rugter, Maryland, Illini, and depleted Nebby and Purdue squads before getting a real test. And they got to play our worst team in 20 years. No doubt they upgraded their talent significantly on offense and are a better team although not a level above the best Mason or Kill teams. Again, probably akin to our 2015 team which won 10 but got dominated by Iowa and Michigan. We’ll see what they do next year losing the majority of their defensive playmakers as well as Tyler Johnson, Brooks and Smith on offense.
Very similar to 2015, where NU wasn’t as good as its record but was laying a good foundation. Minnesota will be competitive every year Fleck is there. He’s a good coach. Definitely a candidate for the ‘second-best in the West’ designation most seasons, alongside NU and Iowa (and notably not alongside Illinois and the overhyped Nebraska and Purdue.)

Wisconsin is 6-0 at TCF Bank Stadium. Minnesota didn’t beat their rival at home this decade. That’s tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT