ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

clarificationcat

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Wow! They have landed 2 of the top 3 players in next year’s class according to ESPN. One of them is another of Ron Harper’s sons. B1G does not usually pull in these types of recruits. Hope we have a home game with them next year.

As I said on the rock, I went to their board to read up about this and someone posted "We have to thank Addidas for this one". Can the NIL be done in such a fashion? If so maybe we have more of a NIL hope than I thought. I thought it was just donations from people that could be used.

Reactions: clarificationcat
I always wondered why Rutgers couldn't be a program that takes off. Now in the BIG, they have a nice home arena. They are in the NYC area. They now have a pretty good coach. They will be interesting to watch. The question is are these kids one and dones and don't allow for RU to actually build anything.

I always wondered why Rutgers couldn't be a program that takes off. Now in the BIG, they have a nice home arena. They are in the NYC area. They now have a pretty good coach. They will be interesting to watch. The question is are these kids one and dones and don't allow for RU to actually build anything.
Agreed. I don’t know about the first top 5 recruit, but it sounds like they have been recruiting Harper since he was a kid. If they have the resources to pay players going forward, no reason they couldn’t be consistently competitive.

He announced his commitment in the office of Fanatics. I saw the owner on Shark Tank a few weeks back -- tried to challenge Cuban over his d*ck size, but lost. Clearly has enough $$ to help out a school if he wants...

He announced his commitment in the office of Fanatics. I saw the owner on Shark Tank a few weeks back -- tried to challenge Cuban over his d*ck size, but lost. Clearly has enough $$ to help out a school if he wants...
I don’t know the last time a team in the conference had a top 5 recruit. It may be years. They have 2. It really is crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT