ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Field Tidbit

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
This from a story on another site....

"Fitzgerald praises the commitment from the administration to the program as the facilities are on the uptick. The 500,000 square foot football facility with perhaps the best practice field view in the country with Lake Michigan as the backdrop has added a jolt to the program. Soon it will be on to renovating Ryan Field.

“Checking the boxes,” Fitzgerald said. “I think that’s what’s exciting to kids. We’re still building this thing here.”

http://northwestern.247sports.com/A...ootball-has-top-ten-recruiting-class-52345733

Reactions: nu greek
Posted article link on new thread. Sorry for the duplication.

Good reference to W-R arena renovations, however, count me in as one of the minority who supports reducing capacity. How about a couple thousand more than current season ticket holder levels and adding a retractable roof? It would be unique for Big 10, possibly create an enormous home field advantage, attract recruits, and create great supply and demand benefits for season ticket holders. Could play at Soldier Field during renovations.

Reactions: cat inkansas
Good reference to W-R arena renovations, however, count me in as one of the minority who supports reducing capacity. How about a couple thousand more than current season ticket holder levels and adding a retractable roof? It would be unique for Big 10, possibly create an enormous home field advantage, attract recruits, and create great supply and demand benefits for season ticket holders. Could play at Soldier Field during renovations.
Sorry but Soldier Field won't work since it seats over 49,000. Maybe NU could play at NIU, with it's capacity being under 30,000 or so or maybe even Gately Stadium, capacity 5,000???

Reactions: MickeyCat
Sorry but Soldier Field won't work since it seats over 49,000. Maybe NU could play at NIU, with it's capacity being under 30,000 or so or maybe even Gately Stadium, capacity 5,000???

They will play inside the new Ryan Fieldhouse, capacity 1,200. Tickets will sell for $10,000 a pop.

Reactions: MickeyCat
Santa Barbara City College has an awesome little stadium that overlooks the ocean. It seats about 5,000 or so, I would guess. That would be my choice.

This from a story on another site....

"Fitzgerald praises the commitment from the administration to the program as the facilities are on the uptick. The 500,000 square foot football facility with perhaps the best practice field view in the country with Lake Michigan as the backdrop has added a jolt to the program. Soon it will be on to renovating Ryan Field.

“Checking the boxes,” Fitzgerald said. “I think that’s what’s exciting to kids. We’re still building this thing here.”

http://northwestern.247sports.com/A...ootball-has-top-ten-recruiting-class-52345733
That is one Great Article about Fitz, Bowers, the staff and what these young men think about our Program. Nice to hear and it is translating on the field. I'm hearing that they will do work in the off-season, as to not disrupt Game days. Should take two off-seasons. Hearing 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT