ADVERTISEMENT

Save Me Justin Jackson!

Fantasy playoff semis and of course my #1 (Austin Ekler) and #2 (Darren Waller) are out.

Well, Justin Jackson looks like the starter (Josh Kelley key fumble last week and JJTBC looked good). Picked him up and counting on him like the 'Cats did in the days of yore!
That’s two of us.

I’d love to hear about your last poker game or round of golf also. </s>

Fantasy playoff semis and of course my #1 (Austin Ekler) and #2 (Darren Waller) are out.

Well, Justin Jackson looks like the starter (Josh Kelley key fumble last week and JJTBC looked good). Picked him up and counting on him like the 'Cats did in the days of yore!
I think Slater is back this week after being on the Covid list but think Gaz is out for the game because of Covid. Ekeler is out because of Covid, but he has also been hammered this season because of the number of reps he’s had. Should be a low-scoring game. The Chargers defense against the rush has improved but Bosa is also out because of Covid so his loss could be a factor. A should win/ must win game for the Bolts. Let’s see if the Chargers offense keeps going for it on 4th down. Last week’s game against the Chiefs and the missed 4th down scoring opportunities contributed to their loss.

Well, Justin Jackson looks like the starter (Josh Kelley key fumble last week and JJTBC looked good).

From the San Diego U-T today:
“the Chargers could look to muscle up again and be a bit of a run-first offense against a Houston team that ranks last in the league in rushing defense. Justin Jackson is coming off his best game of the season and is in line to be featured Sunday. Jackson has shown plenty of ability during his time with the Chargers but has struggled to remain healthy. This is a game the Chargers would love to grab early and not let go, smothering the Texans in the process. A quick start by the offense is one way to achieve that goal.”

Touchdown JJTBC!

Reactions: DaCat
JJ is getting a lot of positive comments during the game and now at halftime. The Chargers defense is struggling with key players like Boss out. The Chargers will need a much better effort in the 2nd half to win.

Let's focus on the positive. Notice the nice block by that #70 guy!

Reactions: TheC
Here’s a quote from Slater on the game yesterday:

A lesson to learn: Pro Bowl left tackle Rashawn Slater grew up about a half-hour from NRG Stadium, in the city of Sugar Land. This was his first NFL homecoming, making the day very bittersweet.

The rookie said the Chargers’ young players were introduced Sunday to the reality of playing football at its highest level.

“There’s no such thing as an easy game, whether someone’s down with injuries, COVID, no matter what,” Slater said. “Records don’t matter in the NFL. Everyone’s playing really good football at the end of the day.””

The Chargers defense was horrible yesterday. Turnovers hurt them too. JJ had a good game as a starter with 2 tds but he did fumble in a crucial drive towards the end. Too many players knocked out of the game because of Covid with the Chargers lacking adequate replacements. This game was a real blow to the Chargers playoff hopes. KC is looking like the team to beat after a slow start.

Looks to me like he is, or is approaching, 2nd place amongst NU backs in NFL rushing yards, after Bob Christian. Might catch Bates in # of recs..

Reactions: NREPP Fraud
Woody Campbell has been reported elsewhere as the leader. He was part of a very good NU backfield along with Ron Rector, who made the Packers but was tragically killed in an MVA. Woody was a very good punt returner in the old AFL

Sure he is. I watched him. Once NU always NU. Gladeskat confirms this.
I dont remember him, but it's a pretty generic name. I looked up on college football reference and there are several, but didn't see any from NU.

Who is he?

I dont remember him, but it's a pretty generic name. I looked up on college football reference and there are several, but didn't see any from NU.

Who is he?
Former NU fullback Lavelle Brown’s little brother. Played at a Naperville or a Wheaton. NU made him a receiver under Walker/Wilson.

Transferred to Colorado. Became a running back. Played for the Titans for several good years.

When he had a huge game against Nebraska in the day-after-Thanksgiving Colorado-Nebraska game one year (let’s guess ‘02), Gary Danielson said something smug like “Can you believe this guy went to Northwesssstern?!?!”, like a real penis.

Technically, I would say Chris Brown is a Northwestern football player. For purposes of this list, I’d say he’s not.

Russell Wilson isn’t the greatest Nc State quarterback in the NFL, even though he played there 3 years. Jacoby Brissett is. Duh.

(Look, they call themselves QBU! Who knew?!?! The things you find when you Google ‘NC state quarterbacks in the nfl”)

Looks to me like he is, or is approaching, 2nd place amongst NU backs in NFL rushing yards, after Bob Christian. Might catch Bates in # of recs..
Here's what I wrote about JJ's career among NU grads before Sunday (posted in the Skowronek thread on the free board)

"JJ passed Bob Christian and Otto Graham in career rushing yards last Thursday (up to 915). I haven't gone through it too exhaustively, but I believe Adamle (1,149) is the next he would need to pass, then only Woody Campbell (1,493) and Ron Burton (1,536) would remain. He could get to third place this year, and first by the middle of next year."

Reactions: NREPP Fraud
Former NU fullback Lavelle Brown’s little brother. Played at a Naperville or a Wheaton. NU made him a receiver under Walker/Wilson.

Transferred to Colorado. Became a running back. Played for the Titans for several good years.

When he had a huge game against Nebraska in the day-after-Thanksgiving Colorado-Nebraska game one year (let’s guess ‘02), Gary Danielson said something smug like “Can you believe this guy went to Northwesssstern?!?!”, like a real penis.

Technically, I would say Chris Brown is a Northwestern football player. For purposes of this list, I’d say he’s not.

Russell Wilson isn’t the greatest Nc State quarterback in the NFL, even though he played there 3 years. Jacoby Brissett is. Duh.

(Look, they call themselves QBU! Who knew?!?! The things you find when you Google ‘NC state quarterbacks in the nfl”)

Gary Danielson’s son played for NU and was a backup QB on the 2000 team. He didn’t fit Walker’s spread scheme so quit the team early in 2002. He had a cannon but wouldn’t have played ahead of Baz (or Stauss) so perhaps GD had an axe to grind with Walker and the spread.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
Gary Danielson’s son played for NU and was a backup QB on the 2000 team. He didn’t fit Walker’s spread scheme so quit the team early in 2002. He had a cannon but wouldn’t have played ahead of Baz (or Stauss) so perhaps GD had an axe to grind with Walker and the spread.
And Gary D. ground that ax more than once. When Genyk was named head coach at Eastern Michigan, he said something like, "Why would you hire someone who wasn't even a coordinator at Northwestern?" I knew there was a good reason I preferred Eric Hipple as the Lions' QB over him.

Reactions: NUCat320
And Gary D. ground that ax more than once. When Genyk was named head coach at Eastern Michigan, he said something like, "Why would you hire someone who wasn't even a coordinator at Northwestern?" I knew there was a good reason I preferred Eric Hipple as the Lions' QB over him.
I think the G Danielsons and Stocks of that age provided quality backups. His son was too slow in a spread.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
I think the G Danielsons and Stocks of that age provided quality backups. His son was too slow in a spread.
Danielson was the starter for Detroit early in Billy Sims' career. Then Hipple had a monster game vs. the Bears and the two battled it out for the job over the next couple of seasons. The Lions thought they solved the QB problem when they drafted Chuck Long. Danielson went to Cleveland to back up Bernie Kosar to finish out his playing career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT