ADVERTISEMENT

Screamer

Free throws would be fine -- my theory is that it would work best if the student section was completely quiet so that there's no additional white noise to drown out the singular piercing scream. Much more unnerving, IMO.

The danger here is that she screams so much that it becomes like a beep from a smoke alarm indicating a battery change is needed -- after a while people just ignore it. (Anyone who listened to Loveline knows what I'm talking about.)

Reactions: IGNORE2
So for those of us who haven't had the pleasure, can you describe the screaming? Is it just constant throughout the game? High-pitched? Shrieking? Does she scream words or just make noise?

So for those of us who haven't had the pleasure, can you describe the screaming? Is it just constant throughout the game? High-pitched? Shrieking? Does she scream words or just make noise?
The Shrieking is the equivalence of nails on the blackboard but with a turned up volume.
If there was such a thing, she would be considered in the professional shreiker level and borderline "America Got Talent".
No doubt she thoroughly annoys the opposition and we will definately need her.
The only problem may be if the opposition files complaints with the Bigten but if I were her, she should still do it as a matter of principle.

Too cheap to pony up $10 for BTN+ for one game so I'm streaming WGN through my home theater. The screamer is so noticeable and annoying that I may just turn it off and check the box score tomorrow morning. She needs to be muzzled NOW.

Too cheap to pony up $10 for BTN+ for one game so I'm streaming WGN through my home theater. The screamer is so noticeable and annoying that I may just turn it off and check the box score tomorrow morning. She needs to be muzzled NOW.
There are only about 12 students there so she really stands out.

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

There are only about 12 students there so she really stands out.

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

Sorry to be contrarian...but I like the screamer. I think of it like the Wildcat RAWWWARRR on third down. The SCREAM usually means we just scored.

For what it's worth, I live in Germany and have only experienced the SCREAM via televised games. This morning, I enjoyed the NU-American game via my Big Ten Plus International package, and I both appreciated and enjoyed the screamer!

She should have a cut-out of The Scream (by Edvard Munch) and deploy it when she...... screams.

Now THAT would mess up some free throws.

Reactions: Noah121
She should have a cut-out of The Scream (by Edvard Munch) and deploy it when she...... screams.

Now THAT would mess up some free throws.

Besides my infamous smelly sock tactic for distraction, I occasionally did a silent"The Scream" impression.

Sorry to be contrarian...but I like the screamer. I think of it like the Wildcat RAWWWARRR on third down. The SCREAM usually means we just scored.

For what it's worth, I live in Germany and have only experienced the SCREAM via televised games. This morning, I enjoyed the NU-American game via my Big Ten Plus International package, and I both appreciated and enjoyed the screamer!
Trust me, the screaming is obnoxious in person. Love her enthusiasm but someone needs to tell her to try something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT