ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. IU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
This team is legit. And fun to watch.

NU leads by 9 at the half, 37-28. What a half for a Ryan Young, who came off the bench with 8 points and 7 rebounds. NU has 18 points off the bench! Gaines has 6.

The 3s aren’t falling (3-11) but NU is shooting 55.6% overall. Kopp and Nance are a combined 6-7. Kopp started red-hot; I hope he gets more shots in the second half.

NU’s zone is really bothering IU, too. TJD has 7 and 5.

Without Beran we’ll continue to see plenty of zone. Nance and Yoing have to rest and have to stay out of foul trouble.

Our defense was, again, good. Not reasonable it will limit them as much in the 2nd.

Hope Archie continues to show is in over his head and does not elaborate a solution to give TJD more touches.

Reactions: NUCat320 and DaCat
I’ve enjoyed seeing Gaines’ impact on the game, when he’s avoided foul trouble and has been able to stay on the court. Some missed opportunities to expand the lead but a good solid effort overall so far.

Reactions: DaCat
Audige with 2 fouls in the first half and sat by Collins, hope he can do more in the second. Nance and Young playing well. Buie a little wild at the start, but hope he can make a bigger impact on the second.

Berry is a smart player. Nice pass into Nance for the bucket.

Reactions: drewjin
I'm not sure the shot selection by Audige is ideal but he's hitting them.

I was worried this was gonna be a letdown game after a big win.

Audige stepped up in the second half, especially with Beran out. Kopp was solid, and Young provided some offense and rebounding down low.

Reactions: drewjin and bjm989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT