ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. ND

Gotta keep making those holes for Bowser, grab those 3-5 yards.

McGee grabbing his hamstring....2nd time he has been down today.

I wish our defensive ends had better hands. They’ve dropped two picks so far...

Need to slow their offense down like we did in 2nd quarter.

Bowser's having a great game. And OL has been much better in run protection than pass protection.

Hard to keep their speed off the edge onto Thorson.

Bad pass there by Thorson Behind Green. Would like to see us do something unique like a end around Jet Sweep anything different than our usual bland offense.

Check the video on Thorson last carry. There’s hands to the face mask by ND rush too often not to call.

The problem is we have to be perfect over and over down the field. We really need a playmaker to get us a chunk.

Check the video on Thorson last carry. There’s hands to the face mask by ND rush too often not to call.
He hasn’t had a great game so far but that was due to an official in the middle of the field, which led to him throwing behind Green.

Thorson just needs to sling it in that situation and trust that the ref will get out of the way.

Reactions: zeek55
Let's be honest here Thorson does not look good and Ian book is totally out of playing him and he's just a sophomore. Thorson is supposed to be an nfl-caliber quarterback and he does not look like it at all.

Yeah, too much time and their receivers are getting separation. Going to be hard to keep their passing game in check.

Notre Dame is very good this year. They are much better than us. So be it. Let's see if we can get some points and stick around.
Yeah, this is a legitimately good ND team; talent across the board and Book is a dynamic QB. Great OL and defensive front 7.

Reactions: SanFranciscoIrish
Cats are outmatched, period. They just need to win the Bigten West. They are not good enough to compete with CFP teams and ND looks legitimately like one

Nothing there for CT down the field and he's flushed out of the pocket.

Man I can't wait until we have some WRs next year.

Our play calling is so predictable.

This game can get away from us.

Last series on O, running the first two then having to throw on the 3rd... only way NU competes here is if CT can get hot passing...

Last series on O, running the first two then having to throw on the 3rd... only way NU competes here is if CT can get hot passing...
They're smothering our receivers down field and CT is getting flushed out of the pocket in 3 seconds. Not sure how we pull that off.

They're just too fast on the edges and their coverage is outstanding.

Being really really honest... Thornton throws behind crossing routes way way way too often.

And that’s NU-speed receivers running those crossing routes. Not exactly NFL speed if you catch my drift. Let’s just say that and leave it at that.

If he throws that far behind NU speed that often, just imagine how far behind NFL speed he will be throwing those same balls. Those are pick 6’s all day.

To be clear, we've played reasonably well; this is just talent disparity. It reminds me of the 2nd half of the Michigan game.

Reactions: Fitz51
They're smothering our receivers down field and CT is getting flushed out of the pocket in 3 seconds. Not sure how we pull that off.

McCall never seems to have a plan B. Notre Dame went to their plan B in the second half and is blowing us out. McCall has one plan and sticks to it the whole game whether its working or not.

You're joking right?

I wonder what its like to have a team that actually tries and makes FGs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT