ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Purdue

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Neither team played particularly well offensively in the first half as both went through extended scoring droughts. But Purdue has a 33-25 halftime lead thanks to a big edge in offensive rebounding. The Boilers have an 8-0 advantage in offensive boards and, as a result, have a 13-0 edge in second-chance points.

NU is shooting 32.0 percent (about average for them lately). Law has 10, Kopp 7, Gaines 5 and Nance hit a 3. And that’s it for scoring. Pardon has to get going: he’s 0 for 4 and has no points and one rebound.

Carsen Edwards leads Purdue with 11 points but he is WAY off today and very inefficient. He’s hit just 3 of 12 shots and missed a few very badly.

Purdue doesn't need help to win this game, yet the officials feel the need for some reason. This is the most I've seen Collins talk to the refs at any game this year.

Suddenly, the refs call three of Purdue’s various fouls almost in a row.

Anyone got replay out there? Did Carson just get to the line for elbowing Law in the throat?

BS offensive foul on Pardon! Refs are horrible.

This has been a chronic issue. Our poor shooting doesn’t help but refereeing tendencies need to be closely looked at

Dirty play by Edwards, why the hell did he stick his leg out like that? Should be a flagrant foul.

Yeah, I couldn't believe there was no mention of a potential flagrant. Seemed like it was worth looking at.

Man, Vic just can't catch any breaks. Hope it isn't as bad as it looks.

Reactions: DaCat
You guys have some players, like Nance, Benson, Kopp, that should transfer to D-3 schools immediately after the season.

Ya know, I thought Gains had an ugly shot, but Nojel makes him look like a god.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT