ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Purdue

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, NU is back in the game after than TD with five seconds left in the half. You knew Fitz was going for it down there. I can’t say I understand the quarterback rotation…but who can?

NU’s defense has been bending but not breaking, save for that 53-yard TD to Wright. Still, Purdue has just two FGs on three trips into the red zone.

NU has a shot. And they get the ball to start the second half.

Unbelieveable. I know it was bang bang, but that front blocker did not need to even touch that ball it would've probably gone about of bounds.

Well, NU is back in the game after than TD with five seconds left in the half. You knew Fitz was going for it down there. I can’t say I understand the quarterback rotation…but who can?

NU’s defense has been bending but not breaking, save for that 53-yard TD to Wright. Still, Purdue has just two FGs on three trips into the red zone.

NU has a shot. And they get the ball to start the second half.
Not exactly as planned!

We ran it down their throats that drive. Impressive! Wish we could get a stop here.

Reactions: NREPP Fraud
It’s on the defense now. Get a 3 and out and have Hull/Clair/Marty run it down their throats.

It’s not sexy but it just might work.

• Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE
Where was this before? They are finally somewhat competitive. Iowa was close, but somehow it felt that the game was lost.

It ain’t rocket science! Don’t let that guy Wright behind you! That is a coaching mistake which Iowa doesn’t make!

I know our DBs are getting beat but the problem is really that we have no pass rush. The QB has a huge comfortable pocket all day.

8 minutes down 2 scores and we are running the ball...maybe the goal is beat the spread

I’m done with Fitz and his unwillingness to develop a 21st century offense. It’s time to try something else.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
At least we scored two touchdowns today. Maybe we have a shot in Champaign.

What a disappointing season.

Reactions: NUCat320
At least we scored two touchdowns today. Maybe we have a shot in Champaign.

What a disappointing season.
Sadly I don't think we have any shot in Champaign. Illinois is giving Iowa all they can handle and they obviously be a couple very good teams already

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT