ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for OU-NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Law (8 points) and Taylor (6) are leading the offense. I think the Cats will be fine in the second half if Pardon stays out of foul trouble and contributes more. He's got four points and one rebound and played just 11 minutes.

NU has gotta do a better job on the glass. OU had a 9-2 edge in offensive rebounds and took nine more shots. NU is 13-27 from the floor. OU is 13-36.

Law (8 points) and Taylor (6) are leading the offense. I think the Cats will be fine in the second half if Pardon stays out of foul trouble and contributes more. He's got four points and one rebound and played just 11 minutes.

NU has gotta do a better job on the glass. OU had a 9-2 edge in offensive rebounds and took nine more shots. NU is 13-27 from the floor. OU is 13-36.

Almost forgot: they need to, uh, do a better job guarding Odomes. He was a one-man wrecking crew in that first half.

James and the rest of the Oklahoma team heating up right now. Still not doing well on the rebounding end.

This Oklahoma team is pretty good. They just play so hard. We don't look confident on the offensive end and Oklahoma is starting to look more comfortable. We need to turn the momentum here soon.

Man, if Gaines can keep hitting that open 3, it will open things up for the others. We really needed that. Big shot!

Collins took a Turner out he's not happy at all with what he is doing in this game. Rebounding is still killing us and they are starting to hit some threes. We need to find some offense and some better rebounding and then we have a shot at this thing.

Not a lot of open shots against this OU defense. Gotta' find a way to pull this out. I like pounding it inside more to DP.

Reactions: NUCat320
I don't understand why they go away from getting it into Pardon late in the game.

I don't understand why they go away from getting it into Pardon late in the game.
I didn’t mind Taylor getting the last shot in regulation, but he sure took two bad shots — way early in the possession — in OT.

Turner had a bad game including missing the front end of a one-on-one in overtime which he usually makes. Taylor of course missed his last four threes one of which could have won the game in regulation. And as several people mentioned we didn't get the ball to Pardon at all in over time. Even worse they kept getting the ball to their center after pardon doubled at the top of the key.

Reactions: cat inkansas
Boy that was sickening. To just fall apart like that down the stretch. We see it over and over with this team. We just can't make a shot at the end of games (except, of course that one time). And then the decisions in OT were unreal. What horrible shot selection. I don't know... I love Coach Collins, but he has a lot to learn about end of game coaching.

Reactions: HawkCat
This team consistently loses discipline at the end of close games and just reverts to jacking up contested threes. OU was better.
Lots of talk in pregame and on the broadcast about the lack of a point guard as a contributor. Nobody to take control.

Turner had a bad game including missing the front end of a one-on-one in overtime which he usually makes. Taylor of course missed his last four threes one of which could have won the game in regulation. And as several people mentioned we didn't get the ball to Pardon at all in over time. Even worse they kept getting the ball to their center after pardon doubled at the top of the key.
Taylor was 2/11 from 3--------at least he is confident.

Right. at the very least use him as a decoy and kick it out to Vic or Taylor.
He was pretty dominant in the paint for much of the second half and then barely touches the ball at the end of regulation and in OT. With the team in the bonus as well. Frustrating.

Did Pardon even touch the ball in OT? Very frustrating.

Once I believe, where he truned it over since they were sagging two on him every time.
Makes too much sense.

I don't get it. And if he's double teamed, then he should pass out to the perimeter.

Maybe I am wrong, but they were sagging so badly to be honest I didn;t even see an opportunity to get him the ball cleanly in OT. Oklahoma is not dumb, they see the same thing we do, they were not going to let him touch the ball inside...

Reactions: NU Houston
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT