ADVERTISEMENT

Second hazing press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
I'm going to be adding in new tweets or quotes from attorneys or players from the second press conference this morning. This is held by Ben Crump and other attorneys representing 15 former players in a pending lawsuit.

Signals that Crump and other attorneys will attempt to expand this lawsuit beyond Northwestern to a class action across college football and college sports.

Reactions: Hungry Jack

I believe this is the first on record allegation that coaches took active part in the hazing

My god, this is just devastating. Even if you want to believe that this is all made up, it is still very troubling that there is a significant group of former players willing to join in on these complaints. This isn't a lone wolf. It suggests a rather divided locker room.

My god, this is just devastating. Even if you want to believe that this is all made up, it is still very troubling that there is a significant group of former players willing to join in on these complaints. This isn't a lone wolf. It suggests a rather divided locker room.
Stars vs. scrubs. Yuck. Coaches. Yuck.

If this was being said about U of I, a lot of us would be calling for them to shut down sports for a while.

If this was being said about U of I, a lot of us would be calling for them to shut down sports for a while.
I am okay with a shutdown. Let's do a reset. The sports tale has wagged the university dog for too long. The sooner the university gets ahead of this the better. This reminds me of all of the asbestos lawsuits .. It could take down the university as we know it. Shut down the sports honor the scholarshipsAnd Settle the claimsAnd Settle the claims

Watching Carnifax speak was pretty tough. His Dad didn't believe him. If that's true then what a terrible Dad not believing your son for several years.

Either Tommy is the greatest actor in the world or there was some serious stuff going on that crushed him mentally.

And this is why people don't come forward.

Because when victims do come forward, they aren't believed. And people see that. And they figure why bother.
Not believed by his Dad? I would assume that 99.999999% of Dad's would believe their son if he claimed something was true for several years. That's why I said his Dad must be a terrible Dad.

If you're comment was insinuating I don't believe him, that's false. I was just saying that many people say the accusers are making all of this up and was pointing out that he would have to be a great actor if he's making this up because he looked extremely shaken.

Not believed by his Dad? I would assume that 99.999999% of Dad's would believe their son if he claimed something was true for several years. That's why I said his Dad must be a terrible Dad.

If you're comment was insinuating I don't believe him, that's false. I was just saying that many people say the accusers are making all of this up and was pointing out that he would have to be a great actor if he's making this up because he looked extremely shaken.
I think you guys are saying the same thing here.

Reactions: wildcatpn
I think you guys are saying the same thing here.

We are. I'm not convinced that his percentage of dad's who would both "believe and assume it was traumatic" is as high as he says. I think my father, for example, would probably have reacted a bit like corbi is. "Come on, it couldn't have been that bad, man up"

Reactions: GrandRapidsCatFan
We are. I'm not convinced that his percentage of dad's who would both "believe and assume it was traumatic" is as high as he says. I think my father, for example, would probably have reacted a bit like corbi is. "Come on, it couldn't have been that bad, man up"
That probably would be my initial reaction just like my wife and I were always skeptical when our kids got in trouble at school but came home and said they did nothing wrong. We are not parents that always assumed our kids were angels and immediately blamed the school or the teacher if they got in trouble. We wanted to get the full picture by hearing from both sides before passing judgement. Not too many parents that are still like that these days and frankly I see that as part of the problem with our society.

Having said that, if my kid stuck to his story and said he was being hazed to the point he could not take it anymore, one thing I certainly would not do is allow him to stay in that environment for five years. That one just does not pass the smell test.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaindrew
That probably would be my initial reaction just like my wife and I were always skeptical when our kids got in trouble at school but came home and said they did nothing wrong. We are not parents that always assumed our kids were angels and immediately blamed the school or the teacher if they got in trouble. We wanted to get the full picture by hearing from both sides before passing judgement. Not too many parents that are still like that these days and frankly I see that as part of the problem with our society.

Having said that, if my kid stuck to his story and said he was being hazed to the point he could not take it anymore, one thing I certainly would not do is allow him to stay in that environment for five years. That one just does not pass the smell test.

Hey just curious…what color is the sky in your world?

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
Hey just curious…what color is the sky in your world?
We live in the same world. A world which my parents taught me is not fair by any stretch of the imagination, a world where there are a lot of unkind people who won’t like you, a world where you will face a lot of adversity and the way you react to that adversity will be be the biggest determining factor in how happy/successful you will be, a world where you treat others like you’d want to be treated and most importantly a world where you have to stand up for yourself. If someone is abusing you, you fight back. You may get your ass beat, but at least you’ll still have your dignity. No way I’m letting anyone **** around with me for five years without making a big ass ruckus for everyone else to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaindrew
Watching Carnifax speak was pretty tough. His Dad didn't believe him. If that's true then what a terrible Dad not believing your son for several years.

Either Tommy is the greatest actor in the world or there was some serious stuff going on that crushed him mentally.

Is being a contestant on ****Boy Island considered acting??

Hazing didn’t continue on him for five years. Geez. These types of exaggerations are what truly lead to disinformation.

Am I the only one shocked by cgc and corbi in the same way I’m shocked about this whole controversy? Like I wanted PF cut loose, I have openly not been a cgc or corbi fan but geez — these attack the victim under any circumstance is pretty bizarre.

Am I the only one shocked by cgc and corbi in the same way I’m shocked about this whole controversy? Like I wanted PF cut loose, I have openly not been a cgc or corbi fan but geez — these attack the victim under any circumstance is pretty bizarre.
I can't say I'm shocked, because blame the victim is a thing. I'd say I'm more disappointed our disheartened at the lack of empathy.

We live in the same world. A world in which my parents taught me is not fair by any stretch of the imagination, a world where there are a lot of unkind people who won’t like you, a world where you will face a lot of adversity and the way you react to that adversity will be be the biggest determining factor in how happy/successful you will be, a world where you treat others like you’d want to be treated and most importantly a world where you have to stand up for yourself. If someone is abusing you, you fight back. You may get your ass beat, but at least you’ll still have your dignity. No way I’m letting anyone **** around with me for five years without making a big ass ruckus for everyone else to see.
Watch Out Badass GIF

Not a bad ass, but not a victim either. You know, kind of like when you teach your kids not to be the bully but if the bully puts their hands on you, you defend yourself.
You should call up and tell Warren Long’s parents how they screwed up in raising their kid. I’m sure they’d appreciate the tip.

Reactions: IGNORE2
We live in the same world. A world which my parents taught me is not fair by any stretch of the imagination, a world where there are a lot of unkind people who won’t like you, a world where you will face a lot of adversity and the way you react to that adversity will be be the biggest determining factor in how happy/successful you will be, a world where you treat others like you’d want to be treated and most importantly a world where you have to stand up for yourself. If someone is abusing you, you fight back. You may get your ass beat, but at least you’ll still have your dignity. No way I’m letting anyone **** around with me for five years without making a big ass ruckus for everyone else to see.
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT