ADVERTISEMENT

Secret Scrimmage...

Uggh.... I don't even want to know. Wasn't it leaks from the secret scrimmage last year where Loyola kicked our butts that was the harbinger of bad things to come?
I thought we beat Loyola in the scrimmage, but had to come back from way down.

Reactions: haywood jahblowme
I thought we beat Loyola in the scrimmage, but had to come back from way down.

And that Loyola team made it to the Final Four. I don't see any shame in that. The game said more about the strength of Loyola than it did NU's difficulties or the year.

Which building's doors will be closed?

I can’t say what will happen in the future, but I can say it’s an ncaa violation if they’re not. They’re supposed to be very, very lockdown about these scrimmages.

I can’t say what will happen in the future, but I can say it’s an ncaa violation if they’re not. They’re supposed to be very, very lockdown about these scrimmages.

How is it an ncaa violation?

Wow. I was just wondering if WR 2.0 was going to be up and running at that time.

Should have Marquette on the regular schedule.

Couldn't agree more. Games two years ago like @Butler, even though we lost that one at the buzzer, showed people that we had a good team that could play in tough environments. We should be willing to schedule home-and-aways with any solid mid-major, especially Loyola.

New NCAA rules allow the schools to talk about and release stats from these games if they choose.

Couldn't agree more. Games two years ago like @Butler, even though we lost that one at the buzzer, showed people that we had a good team that could play in tough environments. We should be willing to schedule home-and-aways with any solid mid-major, especially Loyola.

i don't believe CCC will schedule regular season games against a friend. i thought that was in an interview when NU went to Stanford against Dawkins. he is against ruining friendships with regular season match-ups (outside of tournaments)

I remember hearing that Loyola beat the shit out of the Cats last year. Few weeks after that they smoked Florida at Florida. Then went to the Final 4 and had a halftime lead over UM to go to the Championship

That was a reallllllllllllllly good Loyola team

New NCAA rules allow the schools to talk about and release stats from these games if they choose.
With all the cheating going on, I'm a bit surprised that the NCAA allows anything secret. What's next a secret football game? I'm sure Fitz would love that.

Ever go into the tunnels underneath campus? That was a favorite activity back in my day.

We used to do that quite often. Had small parties down there. Busted into the Searle building (comms) - since the statute of limitations is over, I guess I can talk about how certain acquaintances of mine made off with crumple cloth towels, a fire extinguisher, a vacuum cleaner, a couple cases of Old Style (not sure how they found that), a whiteboard, and a tapestry from the lobby that anyone who went into that building saw that hung in our apartment that year and then down in Lakewood for a few years after. FWIW, I must say that I did not approve at the time and would not say I was a part of these shenanigans, though the crumple cloth was very handy for spills which were frequent in our apartment, and the fire extinguisher did come in handy in another brilliant incident involving an out of control grill after another bright mind felt it necessary to test through experiment the flammability of a half bottle of Everclear. A former roommate and his fraternity brother were finally busted breaking into Tech by UP through those tunnels but got off with a warning. They swore that there were motion detectors, because those UP guys got there in a hurry.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT