ADVERTISEMENT

Senior night — let’s pack WR (update: all tickets gone)

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
first of all: beat IL, beat MD, keep it rolling

second: shame on us as a fan base if we cannot sell out the damn building with 95% our fans for senior night. Based on the NU ticket site, we are close. Get off the fence and show up. I’m gonna fly in. This is the best season in modern NU history and we are playing for NCAA tourney seeding, with a slight chance of winning the league, which are two actually true things I just wrote in February of a basketball season. PSU gives us fits in hoops. Let’s do a purple out and blow the roof off the place for our seniors, several of whom I hope will take advantage of a bonus year of eligibility. And if for some reason our fans don’t buy up every last ticket ahead of March 1, the AD should give all remaining seats to students (especially seniors). Not an empty seat in the house, please.

also: beat PSU, beat Rutgers

Last edited:

second: shame on us as a fan base if we cannot sell out the damn building with 95% our fans for senior night. Based on the NU ticket site, we are close. Get off the fence and show up. I’m gonna fly in. This is the best season in modern NU history and we are playing for NCAA tourney seeding, with a slight chance of winning the league, which are two actually true things I just wrote in February of a basketball season. PSU gives us fits in hoops. Let’s do a purple out and blow the roof off the place for our seniors, several of whom I hope will take advantage of a bonus year of eligibility. And if for some reason our fans don’t buy up every last ticket ahead of March 1, the AD should give all remaining seats to students (especially seniors). Not an empty seat in the house, please.

Win them all....

Are you serious? The game will be a guaranteed sellout. Will be predominantly Purple as PSU will not travel as well as some of the others.

Update on this: Per the NU site, every ticket is now sold for senior night. It will be the most partisan purple crowd of the whole season. God, I hope it’s rowdy and we win. A glimpse of what could and CAN be in our building when it’s truly, fully ours. Awaiting the official SOLD OUT graphic from the AD. Good number of tickets available on the secondary market, some relatively affordable. Grab em up & see you there!

Update on this: Per the NU site, every ticket is now sold for senior night. It will be the most partisan purple crowd of the whole season. God, I hope it’s rowdy and we win. A glimpse of what could and CAN be in our building when it’s truly, fully ours. Awaiting the official SOLD OUT graphic from the AD. Good number of tickets available on the secondary market, some relatively affordable. Grab em up & see you there!
I'm sure it will sell out but they've held back some for NU Club of Chicago.

Purdue in 2017 was amazing. Last game of the season. Knowing we were tournament bound. The feels. Even though we lost, I had so much fun that game.

I'm not sure if Purple was the majority that game but it sure was an electric atmosphere. I believe we had national broadcasters that game.

Reactions: ParisCat
Purdue in 2017 was amazing. Last game of the season. Knowing we were tournament bound. The feels. Even though we lost, I had so much fun that game.

I'm not sure if Purple was the majority that game but it sure was an electric atmosphere. I believe we had national broadcasters that game.
The game was on CBS. Jim Nantz later revealed that the broadcast team couldn’t hear eachother in the pregame because it was so loud. He said it was the loudest venue for a CBS Sports broadcast he’d ever called, based on the decibel reader. The new building is also very loud, even when it’s 4K NU fans (and 3k visiting fans). Imagine a big game with a large NU majority!

The new building is also very loud, even when it’s 4K NU fans (and 3k visiting fans). Imagine a big game with a large NU majority!
They should put in a decibel meter, maybe show it on the scoreboard, to encourage the noise.....

C4ej4Z8J-108.2-610x400.jpg

OK. I thought Fitzphile lost a bet and his handle, which I remembered as being Jersey oriented.
I was NJCat. Lived in Jersey for 30 years until I retired to Carolina. I lost a bet on I think an NU-PSU game to Mike Webb (R.I.P.) and he gave me the moniker I use hereinafter.

I was NJCat. Lived in Jersey for 30 years until I retired to Carolina. I lost a bet on I think an NU-PSU game to Mike Webb (R.I.P.) and he gave me the moniker I use hereinafter.
Why NC for retirement?

Will eventually have to make a similar decision and appreciate insights.

The game was on CBS. Jim Nantz later revealed that the broadcast team couldn’t hear eachother in the pregame because it was so loud. He said it was the loudest venue for a CBS Sports broadcast he’d ever called, based on the decibel reader. The new building is also very loud, even when it’s 4K NU fans (and 3k visiting fans). Imagine a big game with a large NU majority!
Our fanbase can be pretty old

Why NC for retirement?

Will eventually have to make a similar decision and appreciate insights.
Mainly because our daughter was here, having graduated from Wake. Much lower cost of living than NJ, little to no snow in the winter, less congestion, good (but not great) health care, lower taxes, and we both lived in Charlotte in the 80's.

Reactions: GatoLouco
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT