ADVERTISEMENT

Seniors back.

jensberg

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2006
Can senior players that were celebrated before the game come back next year or does that mean they are done?

Players honored on pregame as seniors:
Jack Kennedy
Ben Bryant
Garrett Hollis
Ryan Hilinski
Cam Porter
Jacob Gill
AJ Henning
Preston Bacon
Cam Johnson
Bryce Kirtz
Rod Heard
Anthony Tyus
Marcus Cisco
Bryce Gallagher
Xander Mueller
Joe DeHaan
Jaylen Pate
Will Hallyard
Cullen Coleman
Owen Bergin
PJ Spencer
Richie Hagarty
Grayson Metz
Dom Dantanio
Josh Priebe
Luka Trifunovic
Zachary Franks
Quentin O"Connell
Jack Olsen
Thomas Gordon
Marshall Lang
Charlie Mangerie
Sean McLaughin
Duke Olges
Hunter Renner

This list may not be complete as my note taking is not always accurate.
Rumor was that only 3 of the above have completed eligibility--Bryant, Mangieri, and ?
The others have or will have completed enough credits to graduate but may choose/be asked to return. Some may move on to the NFL Draft, others may choose to move on with life after Northwestern.

Jack Kennedy
Ben Bryant
Garrett Hollis
Ryan Hilinski
Cam Porter
Jacob Gill
AJ Henning
Preston Bacon
Cam Johnson
Bryce Kirtz
Rod Heard
Anthony Tyus
Marcus Cisco
Bryce Gallagher
Xander Mueller
Joe DeHaan
Jaylen Pate
Will Hallyard
Cullen Coleman
Owen Bergin
PJ Spencer
Richie Hagarty
Grayson Metz
Dom Dantanio
Josh Priebe
Luka Trifunovic
Zachary Franks
Quentin O"Connell
Jack Olsen
Thomas Gordon
Marshall Lang
Charlie Mangerie
Sean McLaughin
Duke Olges
Hunter Renner

Rumor was that only 3 of the above have completed eligibility--Bryant, Mangieri, and ?
The others have or will have completed enough credits to graduate but may choose/be asked to return. Some may move on to the NFL Draft, others may choose to move on with life after Northwestern.
I think the third from that list would be Cam Johnson.

Jack Kennedy
Ben Bryant
Garrett Hollis
Ryan Hilinski
Cam Porter
Jacob Gill
AJ Henning
Preston Bacon
Cam Johnson
Bryce Kirtz
Rod Heard
Anthony Tyus
Marcus Cisco
Bryce Gallagher
Xander Mueller
Joe DeHaan
Jaylen Pate
Will Hallyard
Cullen Coleman
Owen Bergin
PJ Spencer
Richie Hagarty
Grayson Metz
Dom Dantanio
Josh Priebe
Luka Trifunovic
Zachary Franks
Quentin O"Connell
Jack Olsen
Thomas Gordon
Marshall Lang
Charlie Mangerie
Sean McLaughin
Duke Olges
Hunter Renner

Let’s hope at least some come back or we are going to have 30+ scholarships to fill this off season.

Reactions: NUCats
That list suggests NU was being wildly underrated going into the season - at least before Fitz was fired.

Excellent point. Fitz hit on a majority of his transfers and off-season coaching hires. We would be poised to move on from Bajakian while keeping all the young talent that transferred out of the Richardson scandal did not occur. Such a shame.

Reactions: corbi296
When will we know who will be back? There are several of our most valuable players on that list.

When will we know who will be back? There are several of our most valuable players on that list.
It's a crazy amount of lost talent if they all go. It's a do-over. I wish the NIL process was more transparent. "If we get 800k in pledges we can retai 8 players".

Jeez carve out 10M from the white elephant stadium

I guess we find out how much they really love playing for Braun and how much an advanced degree from NU is worth

Let’s see how many actually leave before you shed any more tears.
I'd prefer to be proactive and incentivize them to stay (e.g. Boo Buie). A ton of them have eligibility left. If they want to get on with their lives , fine, but if they want to earn 100k, take a few classes next fall and then move on, great. 1M could keep 6-10 of the top players. Few of them have a real NFL chance anyway.

You think Jaxson Dart is staying to further his education?

This is why NIL is 10x more important than yet another building with Ryan/Smithee on it

I'd prefer to be proactive and incentivize them to stay (e.g. Boo Buie). A ton of them have eligibility left. If they want to get on with their lives , fine, but if they want to earn 100k, take a few classes next fall and then move on, great. 1M could keep 6-10 of the top players. Few of them have a real NFL chance anyway.

You think Jaxson Dart is staying to further his education?

This is why NIL is 10x more important than yet another building with Ryan/Smithee on it
As you watch from your sofa.
Let’s see how many actually leave before you shed any more tears.
Several of these players will play another year. Hopefully it is at NU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT