ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously? Wisconsin at Lambeau?

Good news is that NU beat the piss out of Wisconsin in Madison last year. What’s an extra hour or two on the road?

(Srsly, this is terrible. Gross. Low-rent.)

Reactions: ricko654321
Good news is that NU beat the piss out of Wisconsin in Madison last year. What’s an extra hour or two on the road?

(Srsly, this is terrible. Gross. Low-rent.)
Maybe he's banking on a sellout.

From a business sense, playing home games in opponents' territory might make sense.

If they don't want to pay to go to Soldier Field until Wrigley Field is available, I would rather they simply put up temporary bleachers around Martin Field than turn home games into road games like agreeing to play Wisconsin in Green Bay. If this is true, what would be next...Miami (OH) at Paycor Stadium (Cincinnati), Duke at Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte) ???

Definitely feels like a huge cash grab.

Wisconsin will fill that stadium...

But, it feels bad to add another true road game to the schedule.

I can honestly say...and I really, truly mean this...if I were Gragg and my option was to either take the Wisco game to Lambeau or go South to Seat Geek and charge double to make up the revenue, I would have written a letter to season ticket holders and alumni explaining the decision and asking them to support the move to Seat Geek...and as a season ticket holder, I would have ponied up.

As a football fan, I will say this: The concept of playing games in NFL stadiums around the Midwest would be really neat. However, it would only be acceptable if in doing so you could fill up those places, and fill them up with a good majority of Northwestern fans. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. So the concept is a no good, very bad, horrible idea.

Maybe he's banking on a sellout
That is, indeed, what he did. Sell us out.

Heck, it's easier for me to get there than Ryan Field, but it's still stupid. I was at the Cleveland Stadium game and I'll go to this one too, but it will be the Red Sea. Worst part? It will be like Nebraska first year, where they bought season tix to go to that game then dumped the rest. Everyone else in administration will be like "wow, Gagg sold a bunch of season tix!"

And the stands at the other games will be empty

It will be like Nebraska first year, where they bought season tix to go to that game then dumped the rest. Everyone else in administration will be like "wow, Gagg sold a bunch of season tix!"
But look at the bright side: there will be lots of tickets available (cheap) on the secondary market!

Reactions: Piratecat

Heck, it's easier for me to get there than Ryan Field, but it's still stupid. I was at the Cleveland Stadium game and I'll go to this one too, but it will be the Red Sea. Worst part? It will be like Nebraska first year, where they bought season tix to go to that game then dumped the rest. Everyone else in administration will be like "wow, Gagg sold a bunch of season tix!"

That is 1000% the plan.

It's a naked cash grab..., and in that sense it will work.

This one game at Lambeau will bring in $8-10 million to the AD (especially if some of the tickets require season tickets in a fashion).

Just have to hope we can stun them again like we did last year. Would be great to walk away with the win and the $ as mid-major as that feels like.

Can't get the new stadium online fast enough.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
But look at the bright side: there will be lots of tickets available (cheap) on the secondary market!
I'm a long-time user of the secondary market, having lived far away until 2022. I was planning on being a STH for the first time, to get in line with the lemmings for 2026. Alas, with Wisconsin/Lambeau AND DOSU on the home schedule, it's gonna suk.

Maybe they should market to Goopher fans to cheer against the Badgers...this is such an awful idea.

If we have to play at Lambeau, let’s play Indiana on Oct. 5. Then we won’t have 79,000 opposing fans. We might even get some Badger fans cheering for us.
Yeah, but you won't be able to get Lambeau for that.

This is about $. NU will get millions from the Packers to put a Badger game at Lambeau, they ain't paying to see Indiana vs NU there.

Yeah, but you won't be able to get Lambeau for that.

This is about $. NU will get millions from the Packers to put a Badger game at Lambeau, they ain't paying to see Indiana vs NU there.

Zero chance the Packers are paying NU to play Wisconsin at Lambeau. None. In fact, it’s probably the other way around with NU paying some kind of rent to the Packers.

Reactions: clarificationcat
Zero chance the Packers are paying NU to play Wisconsin at Lambeau. None. In fact, it’s probably the other way around with NU paying some kind of rent to the Packers.
You sure about that? I could see Mark Murphy giving us a bone. He still loves NU. I’ve met him a couple times after Packers games and we talked about recent NU games.

Reactions: salukicat
You sure about that? I could see Mark Murphy giving us a bone. He still loves NU. I’ve met him a couple times after Packers games and we talked about recent NU games.

“Giving us a bone” would be letting us play a game there, period. Especially if the Bears are playing hardball with Soldier Field.

That means it's even more of a guarantee of being Wisconsin, somebody has to pay for those tickets/concessions to cover that rent.

I stopped by a Miami Redhawks fan board. Now, they think their game with the Wildcats should be moved to their campus in Oxford, Ohio.

As dumb as the idea of Lambeau sounds, there are no options in Chicagoland the week of 10/19.
-Soldier Field: Chicago Fire season finale
-SeatGeek: On hold as the Fire’s back-up plan in the event the Bears are at home on 10/20; doesn’t become available until the NFL schedule is set
-Wrigley, Guaranteed Rate: Baseball teams obviously not giving up October home dates

So…where to? DeKalb? South Bend? Champaign? Those might be your only options.

Reactions: zeek55
As dumb as the idea of Lambeau sounds, there are no options in Chicagoland the week of 10/19.
-SeatGeek: On hold as the Fire’s back-up plan in the event the Bears are at home on 10/20; doesn’t become available until the NFL schedule is set
-Wrigley, Guaranteed Rate: Baseball teams obviously not giving up October home dates

The MAC schedule is going to be released by the end of the month. DeKalb might be an option. I’d rather see the Wisconsin game there than in Green Bay.

Thank you, Dr. Gragg!

I knew there’d be a logical explanation.

In Gragg we Trust. Right @Purple Pile Driver ?

This is a good post; worth pointing out that kind of problem if we do have to face Wisconsin at Lambeau.

Reactions: WildcatWillie

If it is like what we have done before, tickets would not be part of ST package but an extra cost option similar to Wrigley game or game we had a Soldier Field. NU fans will be outnumbered 10to1. And hotels up there charge a lot for game days and since for a game like that everyone will be traveling unlike when GB plays there so it will be even worse. I mean Holiday Inn Express is $450 per night for a room with 2 queens and a sofa. Most cheaper but anything nice pretty pricey but even this early 82% of places to stay unavailable for Oct 18 and 19. Got to wonder if they figure Packers in town that weekend

Last edited:
Thank you, Dr. Gragg!

I knew there’d be a logical explanation.

In Gragg we Trust. Right @Purple Pile Driver ?
Hey, I just got one of the first torches, but I have a whole mob behind me to go after your buddy. Maybe he can give a plaque and ceremonial basketball to Caitlin Clark when we square off against Iowa.

Can’t find a local place? I know, let’s go it the heart of enemy territory. At least we will have a crowd and make a few bucks. It’s an iconic NFL stadium and at least I can disguise it as a great experience for the kids and our fans. I can file it on my Positively Doctor Gragg video.

Hey, I just got one of the first torches, but I have a whole mob behind me to go after your buddy. Maybe he can give a plaque and ceremonial basketball to Caitlin Clark when we square off against Iowa.

Can’t find a local place? I know, let’s go it the heart of enemy territory. At least we will have a crowd and make a few bucks. It’s an iconic NFL stadium and at least I can disguise it as a great experience for the kids and our fans. I can file it on my Positively Doctor Gragg video.
Right. It's entirely a cash grab. I'd rather play in a 10k seat stadium than in front of 95% opposing fans.

If it is like what we have done before, tickets would not be part of ST package but an extra cost option similar to Wrigley game or game we had a Soldier Field. NU fans will be outnumbered 10to1. And hotels up there charge a lot for game days and since for a game like that everyone will be traveling unlike when GB plays there so it will be even worse. I mean Holiday Inn Express is $450 per night for a room with 2 queens and a sofa. Most cheaper but anything nice pretty pricey but even this early 82% of places to stay unavailable for Oct 18 and 19. Got to wonder if they figure Packers in town that weekend
Purple Party at Phat's house! /s.

Nah Mrs P would change the locks 🔒

This is a good post; worth pointing out that kind of problem if we do have to face Wisconsin at Lambeau.
**** that. The stadium rebuild was known to begin this year a long time ago. It’s his effing job to deal with the logistics. His best plan is to play a home game 3 hours away in the home state of the opponent?? Jesus H this guy is terrible.

Play anywhere in the state of IL. It’s not that big of an ask.

Really bad move if the game is against Wisconsin. I think it could be a fun move if the game is against almost any other school. All the following could be decent.

Duke on 9/7
Indiana on 10/5
OSU on 11/16
Illinois on 11/30

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT