ADVERTISEMENT

Siemian named starter for preseason game 2

Nice video clip and article. Thanks! Anyone know which network will be broadcasting the game and game time for it Saturday?

Trevor had a more-than-decent first quarter vs Niners. The Denver Defense continues to shine. Trevor had the offense moving, 10 for 12, 75 yards, one touchdown scored by CJ Anderson. Local analysts were ready to anoint Trevor as the starter come regular season . Then, early in second quarter, he threw an interception on a second read, pick six, game tied. Next drive after the INT, no completions, Broncos have to punt, giving the Niners excellent field position. Momentum shift. Niners score, lead 14-7.
Mark Sanchez is now in for the following series. Guess that is it. Its preseason, so I am on to watch the Olympics.

He still looked good, though, until the interception. Interestingly he played well under center but through the interception when in shotgun. We'll have to wait and see what Kubiak says and until the third game. They're obviously going to keep their fgirst round pick so Sanchez and Trevor are in a fight (Sanchez fumbled the ball away) unless the Broncos go out and get another QB somewhere.

He still looked good, though, until the interception. Interestingly he played well under center but through the interception when in shotgun. We'll have to wait and see what Kubiak says and until the third game. They're obviously going to keep their fgirst round pick so Sanchez and Trevor are in a fight (Sanchez fumbled the ball away) unless the Broncos go out and get another QB somewhere.

The interception is what's going to happen if an NFL safety isn't afraid of a QB going over the top. We saw Kubiak let Trevor throw over the top in the first game, then none of it in the second game. Fortunately for him, Sanchez came out and didn't exactly blow away the competition. Doubt Kubiak is going to be able to name a starter this week as he had hoped.

The interception is what's going to happen if an NFL safety isn't afraid of a QB going over the top. We saw Kubiak let Trevor throw over the top in the first game, then none of it in the second game. Fortunately for him, Sanchez came out and didn't exactly blow away the competition. Doubt Kubiak is going to be able to name a starter this week as he had hoped.

The interception was bad because he telegraphed the throw. He still hasn't learned to misdirect the safety. Staring down the receiver gave a chance for the safety to cheat up and then jump when he got ready to throw. Of course, they have been practicing against the 49ers, so the niner defense had learned what each QB does.

Although Sanchez made some mistakes, he also was doing well until the fumbles. If Trevor did not throw that interception, I think he would have won the opening day job. However, at this point there is not enough separating the two, so the Broncos have to go with experience. Is this necessarily bad? I think Sanchez will start the season but will get pulled. Trevor will get another shot and hopefully will become the starter. Long term, I think Lynch will be the Broncos QB and Trevor will be his back-up. It's not a bad place for him to be and although he may not secure the starting role, he looks like he will have a fairly long career if he stays healthy.

The interception was bad because he telegraphed the throw. He still hasn't learned to misdirect the safety. Staring down the receiver gave a chance for the safety to cheat up and then jump when he got ready to throw. Of course, they have been practicing against the 49ers, so the niner defense had learned what each QB does.

Although Sanchez made some mistakes, he also was doing well until the fumbles. If Trevor did not throw that interception, I think he would have won the opening day job. However, at this point there is not enough separating the two, so the Broncos have to go with experience. Is this necessarily bad? I think Sanchez will start the season but will get pulled. Trevor will get another shot and hopefully will become the starter. Long term, I think Lynch will be the Broncos QB and Trevor will be his back-up. It's not a bad place for him to be and although he may not secure the starting role, he looks like he will have a fairly long career if he stays healthy.

That play design isn't going to have much safety manipulation. More about pre-snap read/post-snap confirm. While Trev's pre-snap read might have been to the slant, his post-snap confirm should have seen the safety squatting on the hash and taken him from that throw. Seemed to me he'd determine pre-snap that he was going to Thomas, perhaps because he'd missed him in single deep coverage earlier in the game.

I'll take the Devil's Advocate position: if Trev and Sanchez are truly neck-and-neck with both showing a propensity for the untimely mistake, Kubiak/Elway could just as easily go it's the young guy who could actually develop from those mistakes rather than the veteran who "is what he is." Because this isbTrev's first healthy camp as a professional, he will has a lot more growth potential than Sanchez.

I watched a replay on the NFL Network. The announcers were certainly "fickle". Trevor was the second coming of Tom Brady until the "pick six'

Sanchez came in and played well until he started coughing up the ball. The announcers then switched their allegiance to Lynch.

Many fans and local writers are getting restless for Lynch. Kubiak said publicly that he is in the mix to start. He has looked good in the preseason. If not immediately, decent chance he starts by year end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT