ADVERTISEMENT

SIU @ NU Prediction Thread

NU - alot
SIU - a little less

I think the offenses scores at will. But I big, capable RB v underperforming DL and LBs that can’t tackle looks like a team that will succeed w the run. That will open up some passing. So, I think a couple unforced turnovers will be the difference.

I think SIU has more FGs than the Cats. I bet we see at least one two point attempt by the Cats. And zero returns.

NU - alot
SIU - a little less

I think the offenses scores at will. But I big, capable RB v underperforming DL and LBs that can’t tackle looks like a team that will succeed w the run. That will open up some passing. So, I think a couple unforced turnovers will be the difference.

I think SIU has more FGs than the Cats. I bet we see at least one two point attempt by the Cats. And zero returns.
I predict that there will be some run of defensive stops so Fitz can puff his chest about JONs D

We lost to them in 2006, which was the game I remembered. I had totally forgotten that we played them in 2017. In fact, I still don't remember that game even after being reminded of it.
I remember the 2006 game as it was a Friday night ESPN2 game in Reno and a Freshman Kafka was filling in for an injured Bacher IIRC.

I remember the 2007 game at home. It was a fairly high-scoring come-from-behind win.

Oddly, like you, I have zero recollection of that 2017 game even existing.

I think this game shows the character of the team and that will have a lot to do with how we finish in the B10. There will be a small crowd...you are favored.....We need to knee-cap SIU from start to finish.....a lackluster performance , win or lose, indicates to me that the team is not willing to put in a herculean effort that will be required to get to a bowl game. We need to perform at a consistently high level, improving every week to make up for what is improved but average talent. This game to me serves as an indicator of the soul of this team.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
I remember the 2006 game as it was a Friday night ESPN2 game in Reno and a Freshman Kafka was filling in for an injured Bacher IIRC.

I remember the 2007 game at home. It was a fairly high-scoring come-from-behind win.

Oddly, like you, I have zero recollection of that 2017 game even existing.
Fitz was trying on his coaching personalities at the time, and had made a big point of saying that his quarterbacks (Brewfka) were football players, and football players don’t slide. Kafka had a late fumble fighting for extra yards.

Or, that’s how I remember it.

(For his first few years, Fitz also shoehorned the word “student-athlete” into every sentence. That eventually disappeared. Thankfully, “Go Cats” did not.)

I predict that there will be some run of defensive stops so Fitz can puff his chest about JONs D
And they tied on FGs, there were no punt returns and no idea about a two point attempt. Looks like they also failed to utilize their big back that was seemingly playing well...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT