ADVERTISEMENT

Skowronek better than Austin Carr?

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
Thorson in his postgame comments said that last year, Anthony Walker called Skowronek "the best guy on the roster right now" among the receivers.

"And we had Austin too, and we were like, all right Anthony, just chill out."

He looks like he's getting more confident out there, and he's proven to be a good run blocker. I wonder if he will wind up being NU's #1 receiver this year, rather than Flynn Nagel. Would be curious to hear observations about his performance thus far.

Thorson in his postgame comments said that last year, Anthony Walker called Skowronek "the best guy on the roster right now" among the receivers.

He looks like he's getting more confident out there, and he's proven to be a good run blocker. I wonder if he will wind up being NU's #1 receiver this year, rather than Flynn Nagel. Would be curious to hear observations about his performance thus far.
AC >> BS. No question in my mind.

B.S. has this season and two more to play and show us what he has got. The size mismatch will make him dangerous if he proves to have the hands and concentration that Carr had. I don't know about his leaping ability.

Seems CT is finding plenty of options.

AC led the B1G in catches, yards, and TDs, and now is in the league. BS is in his second year with nowhere near these stats. I think it's no question today who was the better NU WR, but the question should be asked in 3 years, not today.

AC led the B1G in catches, yards, and TDs, and now is in the league. BS is in his second year with nowhere near these stats. I think it's no question today who was the better NU WR, but the question should be asked in 3 years, not today.

Agree with this. On the flip side AC didn't see the field in his first two years at NU.

Agree with this. On the flip side AC didn't see the field in his first two years at NU.

Exactly. No question AC is the better player now and certainly last year. The answer is not as clear when you project the type of player Skowronek could be as an upperclassmen.

Reactions: TerraCat
First, give BS some time to see how his career pans out before you start comparing him to one of NU's best receivers of all time. Second, these are two completely different types of receivers. Carr is a prototypical slot receiver while BS plays more on the outside. It's like comparing Dez Bryant to Wes Welker. They fulfill two different roles in the offense but both can dominate the game in different ways. For example, Carr shredded Ohio state but it was mainly with short and intermediate routes. BS is going to give you more of a deep threat where you will toss him jump balls because he can catch it at a higher point than the shorter corner covering him. I don't think Carr caught a ball more than 40 yards downfield all last season. BS has at least 2 that I can think of in 3 games.

B.S. has this season and two more to play and show us what he has got. The size mismatch will make him dangerous if he proves to have the hands and concentration that Carr had. I don't know about his leaping ability.
He can really leap, just not real high.

He is t AC, Smarge, or Decker. But he is making his own way and has been extremely productive as a soph. But cant compare him to a senior AC. He may be better, but doesnt compare now to AC at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT