ADVERTISEMENT

Solid but unspectacular.

GlideCat

Jan 19, 2013
Article about conferences:

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...s_in_college_football/s1_127_24288679?ref=yfp

We are called "solid but unspectacular."

I don't know what to make of that. From a recruiting standpoint, it seems to be the worst thing that could be said. The bad teams can offer a recruit the possibility of being part of a renaissance. The top teams can offer a chance to compete for championships every year.

This is the "she has a nice personality" of football team descriptions.

Article about conferences:

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...s_in_college_football/s1_127_24288679?ref=yfp

We are called "solid but unspectacular."

I don't know what to make of that. From a recruiting standpoint, it seems to be the worst thing that could be said. The bad teams can offer a recruit the possibility of being part of a renaissance. The top teams can offer a chance to compete for championships every year.

This is the "she has a nice personality" of football team descriptions.

Couldn't give two $#!+$ what some dude on YardBarker says.

I can't argue, It is put up or shut up

The article may not worth the time to read, but agree: it is time for NU to become a consistently performing program.

NU is a top tier academic institution, located on a beautiful lakeside campus, adjacent to one of America's great cities.
NU is enabled by a President that bleeds purple, athletic blood, a top notch AD, a nation-wide TV platform and --shortly-- a state-of-the-art , on campus practice facility. As well , ( if I'm not mistaken and undoubtedly GCG will advise me if I am )...
NU has a recruiting budget and assistant coaching remuneration, which, while not excessive, is at least reasonably competitive.

It's time for NU football to get off the roller coaster. I for one am cautiously optimistic that this next step will begin in the 2017 season.

Happy 4th !

The article may not worth the time to read, but agree: it is time for NU to become a consistently performing program.

NU is a top tier academic institution, located on a beautiful lakeside campus, adjacent to one of America's great cities.
NU is enabled by a President that bleeds purple, athletic blood, a top notch AD, a nation-wide TV platform and --shortly-- a state-of-the-art , on campus practice facility. As well , ( if I'm not mistaken and undoubtedly GCG will advise me if I am )...
NU has a recruiting budget and assistant coaching remuneration, which, while not excessive, is at least reasonably competitive.

It's time for NU football to get off the roller coaster. I for one am cautiously optimistic that this next step will begin in the 2017 season.

Happy 4th !

The progress has been steady, maybe not dramatic but steady. The new facility will facilitate the steady progress at least over the next decade barring any other drastic changes. It is going to enhance recruiting. It's going to enhance development. If nothing else, it is going to save players about an hour a week in commute time alone. An hour a week for 80 people should be beneficial.

Momentum is a difficult thing to build and also maintain, NU is trying to do both. I'm not sure NU will ever have a break through season but this past 6 months has been very positive for BB and Football. If NU can simply get to a bowl game in football and back to the big dance in Basketball prior to the two new facilities coming on line, that has got to signify a change in momentum. To be able to say that we are competitive but now we are bringing close to a half billion dollar investment to support the programs on line. I don't know what else they can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT