ADVERTISEMENT

South Dakota 35 @BGSU 27 FINAL

HappyNUyear

May 29, 2001
Chicago Area
NU better beat BGSU or someone’s seat needs to be very hot. Also BGSU has had 4 TD’s called back due to penalties

Last edited:
NU better beat BGSU or someone’s seat needs to be very hot. Also BGSU has had 4 TD’s called back due to penalties
Thankfully NU doesn't have to play So.Dakota but they do have to play, Wisconsin, Pen. St., Io-a, MSU, Maryland and UNL. But probably have sure wins vs. Purdue, Minny and Illinois, right?

Thankfully NU doesn't have to play So.Dakota but they do have to play, Wisconsin, Pen. St., Io-a, MSU, Maryland and UNL. But probably have sure wins vs. Purdue, Minny and Illinois, right?
Do you mean the Illinois that beat a very good Western Kentucky team yesterday and held a very good offense to about the same yardage to which Duke held us?

Or the Purdue team that has played two entirely acceptable games against P5 and MAC competition.

Jury remains out on Minny.

Last edited:
Its going to be near impossible to beat a good D3 team let alone a MAC team with our pass rush. It's literally a 7 on 7 drill which any college QB could look good in.

Do you mean the Illinois that beat a very good Western Kentucky team yesterday and held a very good offense to about the same yardage to which Duke held us?

Or the Purdue team that has played two entirely acceptable games against P5 competition.

Jury remains out on Minny.

While I like Purdue, they are 1-1, with one loss to P5 Louisville and win against a MAC school. Ohio U isn't P5.

BIG championship game? Bowl game? ??? Playoffs? I'd just like to win another game!
Are you nuts? Crazy? Deranged? You think these are sure wins-? No way in hell. If I were setting the odds, we wouldn't be favored in another game. Purdue is kicking some ass for their new great coach even if it is with less talent than us. Minny will beat us with more talent, drive and better coaching. Illini are at the same level as other mid-tier BIG teams. You better think again if you assume we will roll over these teams. Maryland, Nebraska, MSU, PSU and Wisc are almost sure losses. We usually play Iowa tough- but did you see them come back against ISU? They will destroy us with that motivation and drive. We simply haven't got it- at least not yet. Believe me- I wish we had the coaches and players to win more than we lose this year, but I just don't see it. And it is making me very, very sad. My prediction for this year= 3-9. No bowl game. At least two coaches replaced/fired.

My new win/loss prediction for season

2-10 if lucky, unless things dramatically change.

Wanna put your reputation where your mouth is? I will even spot you a win here;I'll take over 3 wins, you take 3 wins or less. Winner gets to change the loser's screenname to whatever name of his choosing..

It's an excellent wager, just as NJCatts.....er I mean Fitzphile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT