ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Signing Period Opens Today

scru

Sep 4, 2005
And crickets chirping...

Basketball recruiting is certainly a different animal from football.

Yep, they have four weeks to sign LOIs and most of the best players signed in November. The big buzz now is among the de-commits, who can't sign another LOI anyway and theoretically they have all summer to make a decision and sign a financial aid agreement. And many of them are taking their last official visits over the next couple of weeks.

Yep, they have four weeks to sign LOIs and most of the best players signed in November. The big buzz now is among the de-commits, who can't sign another LOI anyway and theoretically they have all summer to make a decision and sign a financial aid agreement. And many of them are taking their last official visits over the next couple of weeks.
Now I'm a bit confused, again. I did not know that transfer players cannot sign a LOI. Is that just the case for the 4 week period and then they become eligible for an athletic schlorship later in the year?
Seem to remember a few guys who transferred into NU being on athletic schlorships from day one.

Now I'm a bit confused, again. I did not know that transfer players cannot sign a LOI. Is that just the case for the 4 week period and then they become eligible for an athletic schlorship later in the year?
Seem to remember a few guys who transferred into NU being on athletic schlorships from day one.
You can only sign an LOI once in your career. So if you signed one in November and get out of it because the coach changed, etc., you can't sign another one. What you will sign is a financial aid agreement, which is a much better deal for the athlete anyway, because it binds the school to give you financial aid, but doesn't bind you to the school until you attend the first day of class. So yes, you are on scholarship when you transfer, but the mechanism you use to get that scholarship is not an LOI.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
You can only sign an LOI once in your career. So if you signed one in November and get out of it because the coach changed, etc., you can't sign another one. What you will sign is a financial aid agreement, which is a much better deal for the athlete anyway, because it binds the school to give you financial aid, but doesn't bind you to the school until you attend the first day of class. So yes, you are on scholarship when you transfer, but the mechanism you use to get that scholarship is not an LOI.

I just learned something new. Thanks Idaho.

< And crickets chirping... >

CC, his staff and the team have all shown they're damn competitive. Some of these wandering, top recruits should be showing up here soon. It's a really frustrating wait.

You can't get a schlorship. There's no such thing. But you can get a scholarship.

Thanks, guess you learn something new every day. So, since the person is on a financial aid scholarship, does he still count against the roster limit? I'm sure he/she must but what if he/she do not quality for financial aid?

Thanks, guess you learn something new every day. So, since the person is on a financial aid scholarship, does he still count against the roster limit? I'm sure he/she must but what if he/she do not quality for financial aid?
You exceeded my extremely limited knowledge base, Willy. But I'm sure someone else on here knows. (Gocatsgo???)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT